its finished

monster1971

YES I HAD A BROOM LIKE THE LANDY FOR 30 YEARS, IT ONLY HAD 28 HANDLES AND 14 HEADS. If we replaced everthing on our so called Jap **** you would see more of them about too. One thing all Land Rover owners have in common they are all realy good fitters wonder why? Jap owners do not need a spanner. Did you see the one on top gear?.

Landrover owners are usually good fitters, thats because it is still possible to work on the older Landrovers.

Begs the question why you don't see 30 year old jap **** still on the road, if they are that reliable where are they? Could it be that they aren't worth repairing?

Very nice job you have done, we got an old 2A station wagon SWB to get running over the winter, it needs a new clutch. We did use it about 6 years ago for a good couple of years as my dads only car. It used to be great fun although did have to wrap up warm in the winter and leave enough time to get anywhere saying that though over normally daily distances there is very little difference between it and a normal car. Plan is for me to use it as a tow car next year as the insurance is so cheap and I can pull 3.5 tonnes with it legally. Only have to tow that sort of weight a few times a year the rest of the time gonna be used for shooting.

Has it got an overdrive on it? Were fitting one when we do the clutch just to make it a bit more economical and quieter at over 50mph.

As for the Jap stuff when did you last see a 50 year old land cruiser earning its keep?

Great Job, well done. Whilst the mirror is not my cuppa, it's down to you, that's what's so good about landies, you make them your own :good:

As for "Jap ****", I have a Landcruiser 120 series as a daily drive. It's alos good but doesn't make me smile like my 1996 Defender does