BASC Introduction to Pigeon Shooting Course

Biggest

Just got back from a good day out on the above mentioned course run by Peter Theobald. Plenty of good advise given out from all those there. There are so many different ways to achieve the same thing for decoys, hides etc, with heavy emphasis on doing a good bit of recconisance.

The bit that made me chuckle was the decoy pattern session. Forget all the 'V' 'L' 'comma' patterns, Peter just walked out and threw half shells here, there and everywhere then righted them in whatever position they landed. :good:

Just got back from a good day out on the above mentioned course run by Peter Theobald. Plenty of good advise given out from all those there. There are so many different ways to achieve the same thing for decoys, hides etc, with heavy emphasis on doing a good bit of recconisance.

The bit that made me chuckle was the decoy pattern session. Forget all the 'V' 'L' 'comma' patterns, Peter just walked out and threw half shells here, there and everywhere then righted them in whatever position they landed. :good:

Did he have his hat on :lol: and were they like this :yes:

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/TheEssexHunter/Essex%20pigeons%202/?action=view&current=STA60279.jpg

TEH

They have a limited number of nets so take your own if you have them. It is all instructional so don't be expecting to shoot any pigeons. The only thing you shoot is about 10 clays to practice shooting from a sitting position.

All you need apart from the above is some warm/waterproof clothing as most of the day is outside. Remember to take some matchsticks to keep your eyes open during the beginning slideshow session about the legal stuff etc.

Thanks for the heads-up, i'll dress up warm, and waterproof, and take my greener g.p, don't want to get my beretta rained on for the sake of 10 clays.

Don't have a hide net, does it matter which i get? Are they better quality the more you spend, or is a net a net?

Quite like the look of these pop-up hides, but was told they were cr*p - anyone have practical experience?

leon

Dont get a net especially for the course. If you havent got one, dont worry about it. Once you have seen some of the ones there and the different ways a hide can be built you will be better placed to make your own decision.

The problem with pop-ups is that they can restrict your view/gun swing. They probably do have there uses, but I dont like the look of them.