Hate this wait !!!

Will 1994

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was six weeks for a renewal from Cheshire but it did arrive 2 weeks before the renewal date so I was quite pleased. I did ring them as my cheque had been cashed earlier and heard nothing but found they were more than helpfull on the telephone to any questions I asked.

I have shooting friends that have waited 3 months plus with West Mercia.

Still waiting for my phone call 3 months on. I've nearly forgot what a shotgun is :s I'm still clayin but a different gun most times you go, so never get used to it. Must ring them today. Its starting to take the Mick, I pay my tax, I pay the fees , least I can get is a bit of service when I want it

I pay my tax, I pay the fees , least I can get is a bit of service when I want it

Nowt to do with you paying your taxes i'm afraid, we all know of the cuts going on in almost every force throughout the country, checks need to be made, and for good reason...you just have to sit and wait patiently, just like the guy that is now at the top of the pile did after waiting for his 3 months to get his cert

Just phoned about my sgc to be told it could be 3 months gwent police got 2 shotguns in the shop waiting to be picked up

The guys at my local club are waiting anything upto 5 months under South Wales Police, whom despite all the flack they get, are very good, at least i think so.. :good:

Yer I no of the cuts, as my aunt was 1 of them. Just you hear some folks saying got mine in 10 days or 3 weeks and so on. So checks surely can't take that long. I know some counties are bigger but 3 months, you can get hell of a lot of work done in that period. How long does it actually take I wonder to do the paper work ? As I no they have to mail your gp, and mail other things and that I presume is via snail mail. Which can soon pass a week or 2. It is all a waiting game , just hope the snow hasn't come by interview time or that will be another excuse, your out in the coutry we can't get there.

dont worry bout ringing em get em rung mate ask em politly how far along it is dont ask when you gona get it just how far along it is sometimes they may tell you its ready to be signed by chief of police in your force.theres no way to rush em unfortunatly but it may give you an indication if it is ready to be signed they usualy look at that once a week ive been told, so if it at that stage should be two week ish, but have heard some horror stories, but west yorks been good recently variation was back in 2.5 week and renewals in 3 i cant complain good luck.