Rape too high

cloudwalker

Took the Russell out for a walk today around a rape field I thought had started to flower but on closer inspection the flowering plants were different from the rape plants so although I could have sworn the rape was flowering I have to now reluctantly lean towards the Charlock argument! :unsure:

Eric. :)

like i said i don,t shoot this field and don,t know the farmer.

but i,m gonna prove my point if it kills me or the cat :lol:

compare this pic i copied from flora and fauna,on wikpedia basically looked up rape flower on there and this is the pic i found.

post-21887-0-32008300-1320444685.jpg

so compare it with the pic i took today four yellow leafs on both plants

post-21887-0-82090400-1320445033.jpg

The bottom pic shows it all with the pods forming under the flowers ,seen another few fields the same today :yes:

I have seen a good few fields of rape in flower and yes its the rape and nothing else growing in the crop !

Was stood with a farmer today in 1 of his fields of rape which has started to flower in patches but he is not to bothered so it cant be that much of an issue :good:

Hi Tom you still keeping your hand in doing the recceing.

yep noticed a couple of fields round my way starting to flower.

Alot of the flowering rape I've come across has been either charlock or volunteer spring rape, when the seeds of the latter germinate at the same time as winter rape they will flower this time of year, just another possibility if a farm does or has grown it in the past as well.

Pigeons are now starting to hammer our rape in places at work, its between 12 and 18 inches tall so they aren't struggling to land on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of the flowering rape I've come across has been either charlock or volunteer spring rape, when the seeds of the latter germinate at the same time as winter rape they will flower this time of year, just another possibility if a farm does or has grown it in the past as well.

Pigeons are now starting to hammer our rape in places at work, its between 12 and 18 inches tall so they aren't struggling to land on it.

I wish they would start to hammer the rape around here. Checked all our permissions in both Northants and Beds and not a pigeon in sight