.22 semi autos for hunting

flash

You cant shoot running rabbits with a bolt action unless you are a brilliant shot but with a semi well its just fun. You start behind and the spurts of dust catch up until............... You just cant reload quick enough with a BA
:welcomeani::good:

You start behind and the spurts of dust catch up until............... you hit it in the back end/guts etc etc.

Personally I'd rather use one shot and make sure it's killed cleanly!

the law regarding using an FAC gun whilst not holding an FAC is this (i know this as ive contacted the basc previously about it)

You may use an FAC gun if the person who's gun you are using is the land owner and owner of the gun.

However there is a catch, by having permission to shoot with an FAC on the land, you are considered to be the land owner, and therefore can let someone else use a FAC gun under your direct supervision (interprit direct as you see fit :welcomeani: )

this is what i was told by the BASC about 2 years back when i was in a similar position to flash. Dont take my word for it, get in contact with the BASC legal team. Assuming your insured with them, if your not become a member with them, their legal cover/advice is worth every penny. (its not a cheap sport so i cant see how the cost of membership hurts anyone who can afford to own and shoot a shotgun/rifle)

The answer to this situation is to get your own FAC, altough untill you are 17 you still cant go out on your own or buy a rifle/ammo, but you can be given or transphered a gun/ammo (presumeably by your old man) whilst under 17yrs old (another common missconception which my local police force didnt even realise)

You start behind and the spurts of dust catch up until............... you hit it in the back end/guts etc etc.

You complete ******* idiot, go back to stamp collecting or knitting, the shooting world doesn't want you. You are either an anti spoiling for a fight or a complete imbecile who is completely stupid.

Either way go away

I won't even say Cheers

Martin

This thead is going off the rails a bit..

mry is normally fairly sensible bloke and from what I can remember experienced shot, hopefully he will come back on here and say he had been down the pub when he wrote that fairly ridiculous post :good:

Ever the optimist :welcomeani:

Yes, ask your FEO, but dont beleive what he says(they are so full of their own **** sometimes). Read the home office guidlines and know what you are entitled to and then get a copy of the laws relevant to shooting to know what you can and cant do.

Markbivvy was right! (my other ego agreed with him)

Dunganick was right!

DaveK was right.

It frightens me what a poor grasp of the laws relating to shooting some members on this forum have.

I say again, find out the law for yourself, FEO's have been witnessed to have told certain forum members advice that is in total contadiction to the law!