not a pigeon in sight

dazsl

got up this morning looked out the window and thought perfect day got set up and sat there and sat there and nothing and i mean nothing. and the conditions were perfect wind blowing but not too strong a nice bit of sun dry ground everything just right and still nothing. nothing on the horizon nothing in the tree's around nothing i even got out the hide and had a walk round and guess what nothing from 9 this morning untill it was just getting too dark to see nothing so i packed up just as i started to walk away all the pigeons came in to roost but by this time it was too dark to see them in the trees next time i will not go out on a perfect day but the when i think theres no chance the gun and tackle will be in the car

What was you shooting over ?Has there been birds on it ? It does not matter if the conditions are right if there are no birds where your trying to shot then theres no point setting up !

Ive plenty around and have shot 173 in the last 2 days over rape and only shot for about 5 hours in total ,will be out on sat with a good field of sugar beet tops showing a good 1000 birds again today :yes:

over rape but there where not anywhere on top of a hill you can see for miles there was nothing about at all you can usually see them flying in the distance they must have found better places to feed most of the time you get them coming in all day no matter what the weather thats what shocked me

I was out this morning trying to get (and being successful) some more land to shoot over.

The Farmer has his arable land on the Marsh, but is based on his livestock farm some miles away on the Downs.

Driving through the wooded lanes I was amazed at the large flocks of pigeons coming out of the trees and flying over the woodland.

I saw about 500 grazing a meadow and at least 1000 birds lift off some old wheat stubble.

None of this is land I would ever get a chance to shoot over, as its all part of a commercial Shoot.

The birds are there, but we need some harder weather in the South to push them on to the rape.

got up this morning looked out the window and thought perfect day got set up and sat there and sat there and nothing and i mean nothing. and the conditions were perfect wind blowing but not too strong a nice bit of sun dry ground everything just right and still nothing. nothing on the horizon nothing in the tree's around nothing i even got out the hide and had a walk round and guess what nothing from 9 this morning untill it was just getting too dark to see nothing so i packed up just as i started to walk away all the pigeons came in to roost but by this time it was too dark to see them in the trees next time i will not go out on a perfect day but the when i think theres no chance the gun and tackle will be in the car

thats the thing bud, only set up when birds are using a field or fields, its unlikely you will bag anything, if you just set up on a field with no activity on it. :no:

thats the thing the fields around and the field i was on where covered over the past few days and if they feed else were they usually come back to the tree's around for a rest after feeding but not this time it's as though they were frightened off who nose

thats the thing the fields around and the field i was on where covered over the past few days and if they feed else were they usually come back to the tree's around for a rest after feeding but not this time it's as though they were frightened off who nose

nowt were i go for the last 2 weeks seen about 10