Well it's happened to me

DSPUK

Not me exactly. -- Have you ever wondered what sort of people it is who hit accelerator instead of brake on Auto car's --- I can tell you - it's dead stupid people like my wife -- Off she went this morning to stay with her sister for the night - She got there and they have to park on frontage of house - enough room to get two cars nose in - My mrs's turns in and whooshuk - hits throttle - whallop straight into a large steel planter - :oops: - I have no idea of damage but sisters boyfriend says it looks wrote off - Now we are taking 60 reg Focus - water and oil all over the place bumper hanging off --- Now what a performance getting it sorted - ring breakdown to bring it to Ford dealers locally - ring insurance - sort hire car. -- I suppose only good thing was the steel planter stopped her going through front door. :yes:

Women drivers - I wish I was married to VBH. :good:

Dave

Not me exactly. -- Have you ever wondered what sort of people it is who hit accelerator instead of brake on Auto car's --- I can tell you - it's dead stupid people like my wife -- Off she went this morning to stay with her sister for the night - She got there and they have to park on frontage of house - enough room to get two cars nose in - My mrs's turns in and whooshuk - hits throttle - whallop straight into a large steel planter - :oops: - I have no idea of damage but sisters boyfriend says it looks wrote off - Now we are taking 60 reg Focus - water and oil all over the place bumper hanging off --- Now what a performance getting it sorted - ring breakdown to bring it to Ford dealers locally - ring insurance - sort hire car. -- I suppose only good thing was the steel planter stopped her going through front door. :yes:

Women drivers - I wish I was married to VBH. :good:

Dave

Women should not be allowed to drive full stop... :lol: :lol:

a similar thing happened to a mate of mine years ago when we first started driving. he was in his dads astra work van, and was reversing out of a space in a pub car park....he dipped the clutch so the van kept rolling and engaged what he thought was 1st gear...obviously going for the boy racer wheel spin out the car park.... however in his haste he`d gone straight into reverse again....so when he floored it.....it shot back at unbelievable speed into what was at the time a brand spankers range rover vogue se..... :oops::lol:

I can see an old banger being added to the stables -- All the saving I made by getting rid of my old banger has gone to the wall- what with £150 excess - car hire (not on policy) taxi to dealers - increase in premium next year - To be honest I am surprised it's took her this long to bump a car - 20 yrs since last one and that wasn't her fault.

Good job she isn't coming home tonight I am still a bit wound up -- I mean on a drive at 10mph - how can you miss brake pedel - I am going to make some stickers to go on the pedels STOP -GO

dave

a similar thing happened to a mate of mine years ago when we first started driving. he was in his dads astra work van, and was reversing out of a space in a pub car park....he dipped the clutch so the van kept rolling and engaged what he thought was 1st gear...obviously going for the boy racer wheel spin out the car park.... however in his haste he`d gone straight into reverse again....so when he floored it.....it shot back at unbelievable speed into what was at the time a brand spankers range rover vogue se..... :oops::lol:

:lol: :lol:

Sometimes if I'm driving in waders I catch the brake when I go to dip the clutch to move up to second. I nearly go through the windscreen :lol:

She is back and got full story - seems she was pulling onto frontage of sister in laws house - trying not to bounce up curb and got angle wrong then for some unknown reason floored throttle thinking it was brake - so full throttle and 20ft -demolished a metal planter and hit house full on -- two front wings -bumper -radiator - oil leak from somewhere - bonnet bent and higher at windscreen than wipers and that's only what can be seen - car is just 12 months old - now house didn't fare well either - front door hard to lock - inner door won't shut -- Oh the joy of having a wife that can't drive - mind you she has survived for 25 yrs but probably because everyone else took avoiding action. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now got to sort out insurance and guess what - no cover for hire car - always had two cars till we bought this one - never thought about being car less. :huh:

dave