Built a whelping box today

Sco77w

I did a bit of fishing about on the net re size and I think what I've done is make its internal measurements (inside the rail) as opposed to using them as the external measurements. Anyway, my dad always said "if you're going to have one, you may as well have a big un". Admittedly this usually refered to drinks. I was hoping it would house the pups for a few weeks so mum could escape from time to time and give the pups some space to streach their legs.

Is it too big? Should I shrink it a bit? We've got the space for it (not that we have a big house, we just can't afford furniture with the price of cartridges).

I did a bit of fishing about on the net re size and I think what I've done is make its internal measurements (inside the rail) as opposed to using them as the external measurements. Anyway, my dad always said "if you're going to have one, you may as well have a big un". Admittedly this usually refered to drinks. I was hoping it would house the pups for a few weeks so mum could escape from time to time and give the pups some space to streach their legs.

Is it too big? Should I shrink it a bit? We've got the space for it (not that we have a big house, we just can't afford furniture with the price of cartridges).

well done buddy thats a nice box bit big but then it will give the bitch more room so less chance of her rolling on a pup when she is lying down .i always have whelping boxes a bit on the big side and its always worked out ok for me so just leave it as it is it will be fine :good: :good:and yeh yer dads spot on (with the drinks any way :lol::lol::lol: )

I'm really nervous, this will be the first time I've had a dog that has had pups. I've read lots and there's dog owners I know that have shared their expiriences, along with the advice from PW memders and the vet on speed dial we should get through it.

really looking forward to having the pups around the house. (remind me in about 8 weeks that I said that)