power output?

Hopper Bopper

About 3 weeks ago I had my S410 chronoed at my local shop at 11.3 with Bisley mags in 0.177

I was quite pleased with that.

Today I had rifle chronoed again at a HFT club by a bunch of well helpful lads.

The problem is that it showed 10.5 !!!! Not pleased.

I realise the fill pressures could be different from each occasion but not that much surely.

I fancy the idea of getting the rifle regulated at 11.5 with bisley mags or AA Fields.

I just wondered what experiences people have had with this type of situation and what results they have had fro regulating their rifle(s)

Do Air Arms them selves do the regulating?

Any ideas?

Thanks

HB

I dont think your fill pressure would have had much to do with it.... as long as it wasnt too low when chrono'd of course.

You need to rule out leaking seals as a reason for the drop in energy.

Try filling your rifle to your usual fill pressure and then store it with a balloon over the end of the barrel. if there is a leak it will start to fill the balloon!

Otherwise it may just be inaccuracy in the chrono equipment.Its always best to use the same one.

Best way to tell is to get it chrono'd again with shop who originally tested it for you.

Hopefully same machine - same reading = no leak

:good:

You can also lower the output by over filling the rifle its harder for the hammer to open the valve at to high a pressure causing low power that's why you get a power curve to lower the curve fill to 180 bar you should get about 50 consistent usable shots between fills

The regulator speak to Tweaky as per PM

What pellets were you using this time?

It you were using lighter pellets than Bis Mag's you would have a lower power reading (in all probability)

I'm going to stick with the Bis Mags for the moment to see what results I get over time.

I have to be honest, when the shop chronoed the rifle I didnt see what pellets they used. The chap said they were Bis Mags but I cant vouch for it.

HB

Before spending money and getting a reg fitted check your power band. You'll find that power starts low, gets higher then decreases. If you fill the gun, and chrono every shot taking a note of the FPS. You can then review the figures and find the most consistant part usually in the middle of the charge.

P.S which HFT club are you in and have you tried Castle FTC? Its a great club :good: