shotgun problem

Flashgun

hiya, i have a problem with my beretta sp. it seems to stick when opening i have greased the pins what locks the barrel when you close it but it still dont open easily, i think it need looking at by a gunsmith . Do anybody know if darlows are still going in woodbastwick near nowich or of any other good gunsmiths in norfolk. cheers.

You've not given much information there really, how old is the gun? Did it open OK before for instance? If it's new then I'm afraid it takes an awful lot of shells to loosen them up. It's unlikely to be grit or something although it would help if you wipe all metal surfaces clean and lightly lube ALL contact points, Beretta's own light oil is as good as any.

You've not given much information there really, how old is the gun? Did it open OK before for instance? If it's new then I'm afraid it takes an awful lot of shells to loosen them up. It's unlikely to be grit or something although it would help if you wipe all metal surfaces clean and lightly lube ALL contact points, Beretta's own light oil is as good as any.

sorry for lack of info, i bought it new about 5 years ago ,i was out shooting on saturday and it started it then i have greased it and it helped but still not right. thanks

chris tanner at norfolk sporting in wymondham mate, possibly phil webster if you can find the place.

where do i look for phil webster.

If it's that bad all of a sudden then it's likely to be a mechanical issue. My 682E let go of the centre spindle after 100k rounds right in the middle of a 100 birder but I managed to finish :lol: . It could be that or maybe just picked up a hair fracture, either way a replacement job. A gunsmith will tell you pretty quickly.

If it's that bad all of a sudden then it's likely to be a mechanical issue. My 682E let go of the centre spindle after 100k rounds right in the middle of a 100 birder but I managed to finish :lol: . It could be that or maybe just picked up a hair fracture, either way a replacement job. A gunsmith will tell you pretty quickly.

thanks for that i will try and get it to a gunsmith tomorrow as i need it thursday and saturday , hope its not a long job. cheers

I had this same problem with a new 682 Gold E a couple of times and it was the barrel selector stuck in a mid position!

If you push / catch the selector switch by mistake after the first shot the gun wont fire the second shot and barrels lock shut ..... could be that? :)

I had this same problem with a new 682 Gold E a couple of times and it was the barrel selector stuck in a mid position!

If you push / catch the selector switch by mistake after the first shot the gun wont fire the second shot and barrels lock shut ..... could be that? :)

the same thing happend twice with my brand new sp1 a couple of months ago,,i took it back to sportsmans and they replaced the gun with another new one....and 4 boxes of carts :good: ....

Oh I also replaced the u bolt and stub pins with one size up that made the action supa tight but I eased the pins with some fine grinding compound (used to seat car valves). Then cleaned and it was still stiff but usable now it's perfect (5k rounds later).

I hope you're right :) mine got done 2k back and it threw my timing right out of the window, that's how stiff it was :lol: . They only did one of the discs as a new pair apparently made it impossible to open. They had it back to ease/grind but reckoned they were made from such hard material you can't really grind them?! Anyway it's better now but still nowhere near what I like.