Vauxhall Mechanics.

Fisherman Mike

Ok so heres the problem

My daughter has an 02 Plate Corsa its a great little car and in really good nick.

The heater works well ( new matrix a year ago.) the fan works on all four speeds. The problem is the air flow through the grilles on all positions doesnt seem to be great. The fan is busy whirring away on 4 ( high speed) setting but doesnt seem to generate much more air flow than that on 1 ( lowest speed ) setting.

Any ideas before I start stripping it out at the W/e.

Thanks as usual.

Mike.

To change pollen filter.

From the front, lift up the rubber strip at the back of the engine in front of the window.

Ignore the little torqx screw.

Lift up the top black flap at the rim where the rubber was. The top comes up, and you can see the battery leads. The leads unclip and pull forwards, and you can lift the whole of the black scuttle up at the front and see the filter. The two clips at the top lift up, and it pulls out.

Shamelessly nicked from another forum.

Should be under the bonnet - right at the back.

Mike,

When you get the new pollen filter don't be a cheapskate like I was and buy a paper filter, make sure you buy a charcoal one otherwise you get all the diesel & petrol fumes from the car in front coming into the cab. :rolleyes:

I kept having to turn the fan off to stop the fumes coming into my car whenever there was a dodgy car in front of me. A replacement charcoal filter cured that. :good:

Mike,

When you get the new pollen filter don't be a cheapskate like I was and buy a paper filter, make sure you buy a charcoal one otherwise you get all the diesel & petrol fumes from the car in front coming into the cab. :rolleyes:

I kept having to turn the fan off to stop the fumes coming into my car whenever there was a dodgy car in front of me. A replacement charcoal filter cured that. :good:

Thanks for that tip mate...i will do that. :good: