How to cook snipe??

Brown Sauce

i usually wait till i have a few snipe to make it worth while, i have seen cooking snipe, plover and woodcock together. what i do is put the birds breast down in a casserol dish, mix up a double strength chicken stock, enough to cover the birds and pour over them, add some coarse ground black pepper, and pour in a good splash of herb dipping oil (i get mine from the co-op, its just olive oil with herbs in).cover and put in the oven at maybe 180degC for 1 to 1 and a 1/2 half hours. its just something i made up (as you can probably tell) but it always comes good. it keeps everything nice and juicy. i cant remember exactly how long it takes but its just till the meat starts leaving the bone. teal works well done the same way too.

Just like woodcock, but you`ll need 3 per person. Pluck, roast, pull out guts carefully and remove the gizzard. Mash innards with the pan juices and use some port to get all the gummy bits on the roasting tin and cook until you have a thick sauce. serve on toast.

:lol: :lol: :lol: need more than that i ate 12 once, with all the trimmings.