any auto electricans??

Archie-fox

Morning people

i need some help please...ive blown the fuse in my power outlet (cigarett lighter) in my ford fiesta 10 reg....has anyone any idea were the fuse box is and what fuse number i need to change??

im pritty rubbish at this kind of thing so just looking for somke help...

id rather just swap it over myself than take it to the main dealers and get a massive bill..

thanks again.

Rich :good:

Morning people

i need some help please...ive blown the fuse in my power outlet (cigarett lighter) in my ford fiesta 10 reg....has anyone any idea were the fuse box is and what fuse number i need to change??

im pritty rubbish at this kind of thing so just looking for somke help...

id rather just swap it over myself than take it to the main dealers and get a massive bill..

thanks again.

Rich :good:

Hi,

The fuse you're looking for is no22 (20amp mini blade fuse) in the Central Junction Box (or CJB). The CJB is behind the glove-box inside the car, lefthand side. Open the glove-box lid fully. On either side of the glove-box are two rubber stops that limit the amount the lid can open, press inwards to the centre of the glove-box to enable it to be lowered fully. Look into the area behind it and you'll see an oblong fuse box facing you. Top row, 3rd or 4th from the right is the fuse. Use long nose pliers to carefully pull it out, hold up to the light and if it's blown there will be a gap in fuse link. Ford dealer or carparts shops will stock the fuse, less than a quid each, good luck, hope this make sense.

Bluebar.

hi rob do they fit a 20 amp fuse in the cigar circuit, is that not a bit high, both mine and the wifes are 10 amp.

bob.

Hi Bob,

Most Ford cigar/power outlets in the past were fitted with 15amp (blue) but recent models have moved to using 20amp. We did frown at first but the wiring sizes have apparently been increased as well. If a 10amp fuse is surviving with your everyday use that's fine, which model do you have Bob?

Rob.

Hi Bob,

Most Ford cigar/power outlets in the past were fitted with 15amp (blue) but recent models have moved to using 20amp. We did frown at first but the wiring sizes have apparently been increased as well. If a 10amp fuse is surviving with your everyday use that's fine, which model do you have Bob?

Rob.

hi Rob

wifes car is a c max 1.8 tdci on a 57 plate but mine is a old suxzuki vitara 20l tdi on a N plate.

i could be wrong about her in doors car but im sure it had blown once and i replaced it with a 10 amp fuse.

bob.

hi Rob

wifes car is a c max 1.8 tdci on a 57 plate but mine is a old suxzuki vitara 20l tdi on a N plate.

i could be wrong about her in doors car but im sure it had blown once and i replaced it with a 10 amp fuse.

bob.

Bob,

I'm not able to access Suzuki data at the moment, so not too sure on the fuse. Don't want to get too geeky, but C-Max

wiring diagram lists 20amp for front/rear Cig/lighter or power outlet; the rear power outlet depending on model spec can be 25amp in some instances but is usually 20amp.

R.