waiting then they are gone

Two people shooting out of the same hide takes some organising and you do get better with practise.

I tend to shoot at "my" birds when they are in range and leave the other gun to sort themselves out.

If they fire first, it does mean you may have to take a hurried shot at "your" birds, but thats just the way it is.

Over a day it probably evens itself out, with you both getting a chance at the first shot.

When you are older and in a hide of your own, it will be something less for you to have to think about.

Make sure your Dad still puts all your decoys out though and carries the heavier bags. :D

Ferretboy111 an I regularly shoot out of the same hide. When there is 2 or more coming in we always say ill take the left you take the right. This works well alot of the time untill they dart across and switch at the last second and you end up having to change birds or follow the one you have been following.

When there is only one coming into the pattern, to start with we both follow the bird and whoever feels they can hit it first takes the shot. This only works if you are good friends cos you tend to not try and have a competition of who gets the most. But later on in the day, if it is obvious one has got more pigeons (or tryed to shoot more which is usually the case) we let the other person take first pop.

All in all it seems to work well for us as are bag sizes have been fairly good of late. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

take it in turns mate alot easier but if im shooting in the same hide as someone and a flock comes in one will take the left and other take the right and you say that they get too far away before you can get a shot then ask your dad to leave tyhem to get in a bit closer so you have time to get on them :blink: Lee

When i am shooting with someone else, if we are sharing a hide we take it in turns to shoot.

the one not shooting stays seated to give the shooter the uninterupted chance of a left & right.

Iv'e tried all ways, the lead shooter if on the left taking a far left hand bird (in range) etc.

I have found that if just one of you shoots then you can concentrate on the birds without any interuptions.

How many times has there been a load of birds coming in and both have stood up together and four shots later one or no birds in the bag.

I have been taking a young lad out (pretty new to the game) and in four trips we have bagged 160 woodies and iv'e seen his confidence grow as he knows that i will stay on my seat whilst he shoots and will tell we'll have them later on if either of us miss, they are there for another day :lol: