wildfowling jacket

stalker58

Hi All,

Anybody used the Jarret Wildfowler jacket? I thought it was a bit on the light side,Don't want to freeze my A##E off on the salt marsh! Any thoughts.Oh bye the way picture was September 1st Don't want you boys thinking I am tough with just a shirt on.sorry if this posted on wrong forum

Cheers

Wayne

post-28796-0-41857100-1324052138.jpg

Edited by stalker58

I have got the Jarrett jacket and have been using it on the Humber this December OK. :good:

It is on the light side but was impervious to wind and rain. I just layered up underneath it with t-shirt, long sleeved tee and fleece to add the warmth.

I have found it quite an unusual jacket as the temperature stays neutral ,you feel you should be cold in it but never are but at the same time you don't feel as if it warms you either!

I was torn between the Jarrett and the Eider but in the end was not sure about the pocket positions on the Eider and if I would find it too warm.

Rich

hello stalker 58. i have never used all this very expensive so called wildfowling gear .a mate of mine used to go down them lines .ps i am no tight **** by the way lol. all i ever use is my wax john ls suit and afleece under wax in thirty years fowling . very cosey.no probs mounting the gun or any thing like that after all it only gets covered in mud and the other stuff.happy fowling regards peter .

I have got the Jarrett jacket and have been using it on the Humber this December OK. :good:

It is on the light side but was impervious to wind and rain. I just layered up underneath it with t-shirt, long sleeved tee and fleece to add the warmth.

I have found it quite an unusual jacket as the temperature stays neutral ,you feel you should be cold in it but never are but at the same time you don't feel as if it warms you either!

I was torn between the Jarrett and the Eider but in the end was not sure about the pocket positions on the Eider and if I would find it too warm.

Rich

Hi Rich,thanks for the info,much appreciated.Merry Xmas and happy fowling

Cheers

Wayne

hello stalker 58. i have never used all this very expensive so called wildfowling gear .a mate of mine used to go down them lines .ps i am no tight **** by the way lol. all i ever use is my wax john ls suit and afleece under wax in thirty years fowling . very cosey.no probs mounting the gun or any thing like that after all it only gets covered in mud and the other stuff.happy fowling regards peter .

Hi Peter,Got jacket from Santa,So dont want to upset his little helper {she who must be obeyed}

Merry Xmas to you and thanks for the reply.

May your shooting be straight and the wind blow light

Cheers

Wayne

Hi Rich,thanks for the info,much appreciated.Merry Xmas and happy fowling

Cheers

Wayne

Not much chance of a merry Xmas as i'm stuck on a rig off Denmark till Jan 4th. Just got the New Year wildfowling to look forward too!

Best bit about the Rivers West gear is you are actively encouraged to throw them in the washer and tumble dry em to keep them waterproof, lot less maintenance than any other kit I have used!

All the best,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...