what gun is this (miroku)

viking

I`m no Miroku expert but it might be worth checking the bores with a micrometer. Some of the very early ones where inexplicably bored at .740 which means that, with a bit of wear they can be rendered out of proof.

Hopefully someone who knows more about Mirokus than me can tell you whether this is likely with the gun in question.

Nice looking gun.

That's no big deal to overcome. My 1976 Miroku was proofed at .729 thou, there was a bit of pitting and has been lapped out and re-proofed at 18.4mm.

I`m no Miroku expert but it might be worth checking the bores with a micrometer. Some of the very early ones where inexplicably bored at .740 which means that, with a bit of wear they can be rendered out of proof.

Hopefully someone who knows more about Mirokus than me can tell you whether this is likely with the gun in question.

Nice looking gun.

I thought a barrel went out of proof when it had worn a certain percentage from its original size not the standard 12 bore, bore as it were.

nice gun

That is definitely a 3800 SW which was the equivalent of a grade 3 ( HSW was a grade 5). 800 models have a tapered/schamfered action, all have disc strikers and they ceased produ tion in 1978 and were replaced by the 3800.

Hoorah for someone who knows what he`s talking about !!!!!

That is definitely a 3800 SW which was the equivalent of a grade 3 ( HSW was a grade 5). 800 models have a tapered/schamfered action, all have disc strikers and they ceased produ tion in 1978 and were replaced by the 3800.

Harwoods.

Absolutely correct ..... My HSW800 skeet gun is as you described ...very heavily engraved with rounded action around the hinge pin.