Advice

chefdon50

I am just starting our with air rifles as I have been shooting 12g.

Bought a Weirauch 100tk new and bottle etc and intend to shoot both target, field and on permission

Which Scope will be best to use for 7 to 50m field and target.

Tried a Hawke 3-9x 50 but not happy and couldn't focus at 9 mag so am changing

Advice please

I am just starting our with air rifles as I have been shooting 12g.

Bought a Weirauch 100tk new and bottle etc and intend to shoot both target, field and on permission

Which Scope will be best to use for 7 to 50m field and target.

Tried a Hawke 3-9x 50 but not happy and couldn't focus at 9 mag so am changing

Advice please

It is a general feature of cheaper scopes that there are clarity issues at the top end!

The question needs qualifying by adding what type of target shooting and competitive or not. For Hunting you do not ever require anything above 8x on an air rifle

Personally I would totally agree, all my scopes are set on 6x and I'm perfectly happy with that generally, even on the centrefires out to 200 yards or more.

Nevertheless, I know Air Gunners who take bunnies in the field on 32x with a 30yard zero? Whatever floats your boat I guess! :hmm::good:

I had a hawke nite eye 3-9x40 and hated it, just didn't work for me. I now have a nikko sterling 4-12 x50 ir paralax . I get on really well with it, and shoot from 6yrds to 60 yards are no problems and that's on an s410. Some people down the range have done real expensive gear but I still hit just as many and at the same ranges. 84 delivered from jsramsbottoms. I can't fault it.

Hi Chefdon, hows things?

I didn't like my Hawkes either, nothing actually wrong with them, its just what you get at that price. I've got an MTC Mamba 4-16 x 50 and it is just the job. Depth of field at mid range is superb and the side parallax is great to use, nice and light: Why don't you come round and have a look? :good:

Hi Chefdon, hows things?

I didn't like my Hawkes either, nothing actually wrong with them, its just what you get at that price. I've got an MTC Mamba 4-16 x 50 and it is just the job. Depth of field at mid range is superb and the side parallax is great to use, nice and light: Why don't you come round and have a look? :good:

Hi Jacksdad

Changing to a 4-12 x 50 EV with VO setting so will try this out when I get it

I wouldn't mind having a look, am on holiday now till 4th Jan so could do so. Just need to pick up the scope

ready for going out to Worsley to give it a go.

Good to here from you mate

Don