beretta a400 xplor unico

lee wales

I understand that there is a failure to fire, due to the firing pin being incorrectly hardened and the other one would not feed the cartridge from the magazine to the chamber. This was also a fault on some 391's.

Customers should not be subject to any malfunctions in my view, you buy a gun and expect it to work. I know a friend who bought a new Remington and that's turned into a load of hassle, instead of enjoying using the gun.

I understand that there is a failure to fire, due to the firing pin being incorrectly hardened and the other one would not feed the cartridge from the magazine to the chamber. This was also a fault on some 391's.

Customers should not be subject to any malfunctions in my view, you buy a gun and expect it to work. I know a friend who bought a new Remington and that's turned into a load of hassle, instead of enjoying using the gun.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the firing pin.

Ive found a secondhand one for £1150...

Do they all have the cartridge counter on or is it a certain model?

Thanks for your views keep them coming guys..

Cheers.

I think you'll find one cheaper than that, I paid less than £1k for a near minter with two extra extended chokes.

Edited by Catweazle

Do you really need to buy an auto? For that sort of money you could buy a decent Miroku/Beretta O/U.

i have a decent o/u just fancy a semi auto...saying that i may find after trying one out there not for me...ill find out next week when we try the a400 out at the ground!

My bro in law bought the sporter model with the blue action, non kick off. (im not struck on the blue action)

swapped a shim in the stock to make it fit him better and loves it,

fired everything from 21g to 42g and never missed a beat apart from it doesnt like comp x 21g but i dont know any auto that does

:shaun:

hi there

i brought a a400 xplor umico a couple of months ago i love it it shoots well and has not jammed once, however the only reason i brought this over a 391 urika 2 is because the 3 1/2 inch chamber if you dont need the longer chamber go for the urika it felt lovely and cheaper :good:

Iv'e got the A400 light with the 3" chamber and it's a great gun.I don't need the 3 1/2 " There are 3 things I felt were a bit negetive ,poor selection of included chokes,cost of additional chokes and the gas piston tends to drop out quite easy.But the good bit,it's a bleeding good shotgun.Iv'e shot sporting, skeet and trap quite sucessfully with it,I'm a lefty and using the shims I get a great fit and the kick off ? you either like it or you dont,personally I like it and think it's very effective for what I shoot.

Like all guns ,try one first and not just a handful of cartridges