help on pellets

cliff 87

help on flathead pellets

Hi just got some flat head pellets for useing on pigeons, its the 1st time i have tried flat head pellets, it is hitting sentre at 10yds but any think over say 30yds the pellet is going all over the place, left right up down, is this down to this pellets. I have a s410 carbine.

best pellets for pigeons for the aa s410

In my opinion and experience, a good quality domed pellet is all you need in the hunting field. Even for close range rats. In my AA S400, AA Field Diablo domed pellets are the most accurate, and in my opinion in a sub 12ft/lb air rifle you need to worry about accuracy over "hitting power" because there is so little there you NEED to put it exactly in the right place.

My AA S400 will put 10 shots preety much on top of each other, with a group size of maybee 7mm. In truth the rifle can out shoot me.

Thanks for getting back to me lads. I have all ways used webley interceptors, this hobby just dont seem to be going where i want them to go, so what ones to go for for pigeon controle, as the webleys was going in and out but them flying off, i all ways try to go for head and heart shots but can not all ways get them.

You won't go far wrong with AA field, jsb exact, or h&n. Don't be tricked into thinking that you need pointed, hollow, plastic, copper, nickel or any other gimmick, all you need is a decent domed lead pellet. And I find that with pigeons you need to avoid head shots, instead aim at the wing joint, that way you will hit heart/lungs without damaging the meat.

Edited by FalconFN

i have an s410 .177 classic and have tried several pellets through it over the last 9 months or so

in order of my preferences for accuracy at 35 yds are webley accupells closly followed by rws superdomes for anything closer bisley mags will stop it for sure. this what i have found suits my barrel and am happy with my choice but am always willing to try different pellets and no doubt will as soon as my accupell stash starts to run dry.

the worst i have used were some h & n copper points they were all over the place anywhere after 20yds