Best battery for rotary

dobbin66

17 amp/h 12v battery for me. I was working on an overhead line at the back of a place that made and repaired those mobility scooter things. They gave me three that were only charging to 95%. These scooter things have these batteries fitted, so if you see one parked up :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:lol: think we should mate, i made mine from 240v tumble dryier, i got 2 croc clips and just have to make shore i set up next to over head wires :lol:

NOTE before sum hero starts telling me about health and saftey, I WAS JOKING :lol:

It would turn pretty quick as most of the overhead lines over fields are 11,000V and above :lol:

Edited by ayano3

Something doesn't sound right!

I can understand the magnet falling over if the ground isn't firm enough. If that's the case try placing the magnet on a tractor track where the ground will be more compact.

The pigeons should never fly off the magnet though no matter how fast it's spinning. The centre spike is pushed through the ****, through the body and spiked onto the head of the bird, the rotary pushes constantly into the bird from behind, the laws of physics says the bird cannot be pushed forward off the spike!!!!!

i put my birds on spikes head first, so that when the mag is turning clock wise the birds are facing anti clock wise,

thats right way ent it :hmm:

i put my birds on spikes head first, so that when the mag is turning clock wise the birds are facing anti clock wise,

thats right way ent it :hmm:

No mate, just sounds like you're putting the arms on the magnet upside down if that makes sense.

The spikes should be facing in the direction the rotary is spinning.

Mount the bird backwards onto the spike, starting from the birds bum, through the body and finally into the head.

This way the magnet is pushing into the bird as it spins.

If this doesn't make sense feel free to pm me your number and I'll give you a shout to explain if that's easier.

Also, if you're magnet is spinning clockwise (backwards) then you may have got the battery connections on the wrong way round. Switch your connections on your battery and the magnet will spin in the correct direction.

Cos

Edited by Cosd

No mate, just sounds like you're putting the arms on the magnet upside down if that makes sense.

The spikes should be facing in the direction the rotary is spinning.

Mount the bird backwards onto the spike, starting from the birds bum, through the body and finally into the head.

This way the magnet is pushing into the bird as it spins.

If this doesn't make sense feel free to pm me your number and I'll give you a shout to explain if that's easier.

Cos

i was winding you up mate, its fine, they used to slid foward with the old wing spreaders, now i bought some with the croc clips on and its sorted that problem, some farm i shoot is very light ground [sand] thats where i have trouble with mag moving in the ground , even in the tramlines :good:

got abit knarked when i was called a ***** tho

i was winding you up mate, its fine, they used to slid foward with the old wing spreaders, now i bought some with the croc clips on and its sorted that problem, some farm i shoot is very light ground [sand] thats where i have trouble with mag moving in the ground , even in the tramlines :good:

got abit knarked when i was called a ***** tho

No worries!

Wouldn't worry about P Shuter's comment, bloke sounds like a 'mass debator' to me!

Edited by Cosd