Keeping your decoys from getting damaged whilst in you kit bag in tran

Keeping your decoys from getting damaged whilst in you kit bag in transit across the farm.

Just bought some shell decoys. 

How do you guys stop them from getting damaged in the bottom of you bag during transit before setting up.  

I was thinking of buying one of the 5 gallon bucket seats to put them in. Are they any good?

I look forward to your comments. (And am expecting some witty ones!!)

Thanks

POL

Keeping your decoys from getting damaged whilst in you kit bag in transit across the farm.

How do you guys stop them from getting damaged in the bottom of you bag during transit before setting up.

I was thinking of buying one of the 5 gallon bucket seats to put them in. Are they any good?

Thanks

there quite thick plastic and i wouldnt worry to much mate, they do take some braking, some of mine are 20 + years old and had lot of use and ent broke 1 yet :good:

Edited by browning n spaniel

Thanks

POL

I use the bucket seat in the bottom of the kit bag option. To be honest, you can't fit that many shells in them and they still stick out of the top of the bucket. They're OK is as long as you don't put magnet batteries of a slab of carts on top of them! These days, I tend to put my shell decoys and especially my hyperflaps which are really flimsy - right at the top of the bag. They will take some knocks though, the only way to keep them pristine is not to go out. Where's the fun in that!

Edited by Blunderbuss

I use the Cabelas spin top bucket seat, in there I carry 12 flocked shells, flapper, battery for the flapper, remotes and speed controllers for the magnet, spare fuses, multi tool, kebab sticks for propping up dead birds, and tent pegs for the hide in case it's windy.

The bucket seat sits nicely at the bottom of my kit bag, nets, cartridge bag sit on top, and weighs very little carried on my back. I carry the magnet and hide poles in separate bags.

All my shell decoys stack together then go into a kids swim bag with draw cord fastening. They then dont move about and I put them in my kit bag with the nets to the side of them so that they are secure.

To be honest, they are difficult to break anyway. Some get shot and trod on but the damage is hardly noticable.

All my shell decoys stack together then go into a kids swim bag with draw cord fastening. They then dont move about and I put them in my kit bag with the nets to the side of them so that they are secure.

To be honest, they are difficult to break anyway. Some get shot and trod on but the damage is hardly noticable.

Agreed Mike, but I do find that the covering on flocked shells can start to get a bit tatty if you're not reasonably careful with them. The first flocked ones I bought were from ebay and were rubbish, the flocking started to come off them after a few trips out. I've since bough some flocked shells from the site sponsors which are much better quality, but they still get tatty after a while.

No one said it was ??? I just like to look after my kit. Sorry if that makes me less of a man than you are <_<

Firstly, it wasnt aimed at you, it was at the OP. Secondly, it was said with laughter smilies next to it. Do you think it was meant as a serious suggestion? Thirdly, go back to bed, and try getting out the other side.

I just put them in the top of my bag in piles of 5. The flocking only scratches off if the decoys are wet, then I stick them individualy into plastic bags, then stack them.

Take them out when you get home to dry out :good:

That's pretty much what I do bar the the plastic bags. It sound's like a good idea, but packing up is always a right faff for me and that would just be one more thing to remember! If they do get wet I spread them out over the garage floor to dry before putting them away.

Edited by Blunderbuss