pulling my hair out in kent

hi guys and girl as per title im pulling my hair out trying to find land or buddy for shooting in the kent area

ive held a sgc for 9 year im 36 years of age and hoping for some help with finding someone to help me give my guns a airing that they need .pigeon /rough/ lamping

if you can or know anyone please contact me

cheers

steve

• 2 weeks later...

I have permission on some land in hoo my licence hasn't come through yet but if you are willing to share your gun, if I provide some cartridges you can come down to my land with us and shoot on a weekend. Permission is near hoo, Kent.

I have permission on some land in hoo my licence hasn't come through yet but if you are willing to share your gun, if I provide some cartridges you can come down to my land with us and shoot on a weekend. Permission is near hoo, Kent.

Especially if you were to bring all 3 sg :)

Hi, I cant help with permission as im looking for some still myself, but if southeastpete or Kevlar are willing to allow us to join them on a shoot, then I dont mind car sharing, Pete and Kevlar (Andy) were kind enough to allow me to go with them on their permissions and it was good and bit of a laugh. That goes for Dannyboy as well, but its up to pete and Andy if they will allow us to come down to them.

Especially if you were to bring all 3 sg :)

I wouldnt mind getting in on this as well if poss. again like dannyboy im waiting for my license to come through, but should be any day I hope.

Hi, I cant help with permission as im looking for some still myself, but if southeastpete or Kevlar are willing to allow us to join them on a shoot, then I dont mind car sharing, Pete and Kevlar (Andy) were kind enough to allow me to go with them on their permissions and it was good and bit of a laugh. That goes for Dannyboy as well, but its up to pete and Andy if they will allow us to come down to them.

I wouldnt mind getting in on this as well if poss. again like dannyboy im waiting for my license to come through, but should be any day I hope.

Yeah sounds good if they are up for it. You are more than welcome to come to me for a shoot just need someone with the licence though to provide the guns, I have cartridges. It's only 12 acres though and very close to a golf course so it's a case of staying up one end and setting up decoys, not the ideal setting but it will do me for now,

Yeah sounds good if they are up for it. You are more than welcome to come to me for a shoot just need someone with the licence though to provide the guns, I have cartridges. It's only 12 acres though and very close to a golf course so it's a case of staying up one end and setting up decoys, not the ideal setting but it will do me for now,

I have no problems having you chaps along but the only problem is i don`t own the land, according to what i have been told which i will check with Kent Police today Kent say you have to be the land owner/tenant not just have permission, whereas other forces say that a person with permission under some wildlife act is classed as a tenant, will check today and let you know.

All the websites I've checked is that if you are the one with permission u are allowed to lend a gun to someone under your supervision only though. I couldn't find anything on Kent police website to contradict this either.

it`s very confusing but what made me think was this.

#27 Cranfield Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:56 AM

Ace Pigeon Shooter

Group:Moderators

Member:215

I think the first problem is , "The term “occupier” is not defined in the Firearms Acts, nor has a Court clarified its meaning".

" the Firearms Consultative Committee in their 5th Annual report recommended that the provisions of section 27 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 be adopted. This states that ‘“occupier” in relation to any land, other than the foreshore, includes any person having any right of hunting, shooting, fishing or taking game or fish’. In the absence of any firm definition for firearms purposes, it is suggested that each chief officer of police may wish to make use of this definition."

The second problem is, that this is merely a "recommendation" and still leaves the whole issue down to the interpretation of local Police Officers.

I have checked with Kent Police Firearms Dept this morning and was told that their interpretation is that the "occupier" is the legal owner of the land.

However, I was invited to write to the Chief Constable and make a case for this to be altered in line with the "recommendation" mentioned above (which I quoted).

I was also advised not to rely on "recommendations", or dated decisions, as they may have been superceded.

I'm not saying that interpretations other people have got from their Chief Constables is wrong.

All I am saying, is that the BASC and now Kent Police Firearms Dept, have given me the same opinion.

So things are not as cut and dried as is being suggested.

This states that ‘“occupier” in relation to any land, other than the foreshore, includes any person having any right of hunting, shooting, fishing or taking game or fish’.

As I have written before on this subject, I believe there is a difference between having the "right to" and having "permission to".

As I have written before on this subject, I believe there is a difference between having the "right to" and having "permission to".

i`m waiting for my FEO to call me back to see if their position has changed in the last 5 years (i doubt it knowing them), other forces allow it but not definite about Kent.

Right I had better be careful then as we were with a friend a couple of weeks ago on my permission using his gun while he was there, the police did turn up due to a local complaint and didn't say anything then, just checked my friends licence made sure we had permission from the owner and left us be.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will be a while waiting for my licence now anyway, called the licensing department today to check progress and they are STILL working on Octobers applications, (they were on the 10th oct when I called them on the 5th of this month) do they do 1 application a day or what, mine was filed last week of November.

Right I had better be careful then as we were with a friend a couple of weeks ago on my permission using his gun while he was there, the police did turn up due to a local complaint and didn't say anything then, just checked my friends licence made sure we had permission from the owner and left us be.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will be a while waiting for my licence now anyway, called the licensing department today to check progress and they are STILL working on Octobers applications, (they were on the 10th oct when I called them on the 5th of this month) do they do 1 application a day or what, mine was filed last week of November.

Kent always have been slow at progressing things, when they transferred systems a few years ago they said it would speed things up, it just didn`t happen, my FEO has been on voice-mail all day!!! ask the office and they know nothing.

i`m waiting for my FEO to call me back to see if their position has changed in the last 5 years (i doubt it knowing them), other forces allow it but not definite about Kent.

Any more about this?? I would think that as the laws on firearms covers the country as a whole, that if the Kent police did have any specific rules on the matter that they would put it quite clearly on the website, as we are in the technology age. Surely??

Also if Dannyboy was stopped by police and they didn't say anything, then I would say that if there is a rule against lending a gun on your permission then the police on the streets don't even know about it, so its one that is not likely to be policed.

all sounds good to me fellas if you can keep me in mind

keep me in mind please chaps

bighit did you get any reply out of orpington gun club

bighit did you get any reply out of orpington gun club

no I didn't hear from them. I think the best option i've got is to join Country Sports from Sheppey (£350) but can take guests at £25 a go, and do some shooting on their grounds and Im just waiting to hear back if by joining them I can then apply for my section 1 license and use their grounds as reason for rifle, vermin control at harvest. That way at least ive got some permission I can go to at any time and might be able to then get my section 1 license. But its all waiting on my shotgun license to come through anyways.

no I didn't hear from them. I think the best option i've got is to join Country Sports from Sheppey (£350) but can take guests at £25 a go, and do some shooting on their grounds and Im just waiting to hear back if by joining them I can then apply for my section 1 license and use their grounds as reason for rifle, vermin control at harvest. That way at least ive got some permission I can go to at any time and might be able to then get my section 1 license. But its all waiting on my shotgun license to come through anyways.

[/qu

cool good luck with that let me know how you get on

Yeah I have looked on this but got a message Dom a guy on here who has been a member for 3 years, he said its not much cop for rabbits and pigeons, has about 50 members already and is pretty strict on where you can and can't shoot. That being said if I don't find somewhere soon I will be joining you there.

Yeah I have looked on this but got a message Dom a guy on here who has been a member for 3 years, he said its not much cop for rabbits and pigeons, has about 50 members already and is pretty strict on where you can and can't shoot. That being said if I don't find somewhere soon I will be joining you there.

Once my license comes through, I plan to do a trial day they offer. We could always arrange a day we can both do and see what we both think?? If it works out then I'll join if it doesn't I might try Kent Wildfowlers, who do have foreshores to shoot in season 5 mins from my house, but also have some woods down in sussexs to shoot, which may be far but if it means I get some shooting in then I'll have to see if its worth it.