Moon flighting geese

v-max

Hi cheers for that can i do it in general or can it only be for crop protection???.

Outside the close season you don't need to be fulfilling crop protection in Scotland to shoot geese after sunset. I'm not aware of any differences between England and Scotland other than in not shooting Sundays and lead being allowed (as long as not over open water/wetlands)?

Hi cheers for that can i do it in general or can it only be for crop protection???.

Yes you can do it "in general" and it can be good sport, but the conditions MUST be right for success.

Outside the close season you don't need to be fulfilling crop protection in Scotland to shoot geese after sunset.

IIRC you would also need a license to do it out of season.

Hi thanks for the replies as i was just wondering for moonlighting in general. I do for crop protection & had some great nites doing it & i know about the condtions needed for shooting the moon iv spent plenty nights over the years shooting the moon. Had a friend out & he asked about the law on it & i said its ok for crop protection but in general im unsure thanks for clearing this up for me cheers.