Roe Tenderloin ?

nige123

Hello Chaps could you enlighten me with the best way to cook tenderloin , i'm guessing just frying like a beef steak .. but i'd like some ideas on what to add ie pepper /garlic or whatever ideas you have ?

I've had a roe hanging in the chiller for a week and it looks great ... having the haunch tonight as a roast and getting excited (very sad i know)

Thanking you in advance.

cheers

Nige

I try and keep the loin in one piece. When the synew is all trimmed rub olive oil and cover the loin in Salt, Black Pepper and Rosemary. Seal the loin and put in the Oven at 200 oC for 10-15 mins (medium). When you take the loin out let it rest for 5 mins before slicing.

I got the missus onto Venison by cooking this, before that she never would touch game meat.

I try and keep the loin in one piece. When the synew is all trimmed rub olive oil and cover the loin in Salt, Black Pepper and Rosemary. Seal the loin and put in the Oven at 200 oC for 10-15 mins (medium). When you take the loin out let it rest for 5 mins before slicing.

I got the missus onto Venison by cooking this, before that she never would touch game meat.

Are you sure you are talking about the tenderloin or the loin?

The tenderloin is under the ribcage, the loin above.

have to say the last one I did was cooked in one piece no additions and just on a hot bbq cooked for as short a time as possible so nice and rare and was delicious. But yes otherwise treat it like steak but will be best kept on the rare side

The tenderloin on a roe or muntjac is too small not to keep in one piece.