FEO visit

chilly

They cant say yes or no as at the end of the day it is not their decision to make. Sometimes they may tell you that they will recomend you for approval for your sgc but that is about it. You shouldnt be waiting much more than a few weeks if succesful.

Edited by Luckyshot

Hi Chilly,

When i had mine i was just asked what experience i had with shooting if any, why i wanted a shotgun and what will i use it for, then i was told if successful you will be put on the police national computer so the police know how many guns are at registered addresses,

I was shown a copy of a certificate and told how to use it i.e getting certain parts filled out when purchasing a gun etc,

then i was asked a little about myself and was then informed i would be reccommended for my certificate and it should be with me within two weeks,

I was then given the chance to ask any questions i had, it was a very friendly chat just to make sure i wasnt a idiot and at no point was i being made to feel awkward or interrogated.

my cert arrived just under two weeks later and i went to pick up my guns straight away as i had put a deposit on two shotguns a week before it arrived.

There is nothing to worry about as long as your a sensible bloke they will see that and you'll be fine.

Good Luck :good:

Hi Chilly,

When i had mine i was just asked what experience i had with shooting if any, why i wanted a shotgun and what will i use it for, then i was told if successful you will be put on the police national computer so the police know how many guns are at registered addresses,

I was shown a copy of a certificate and told how to use it i.e getting certain parts filled out when purchasing a gun etc,

then i was asked a little about myself and was then informed i would be reccommended for my certificate and it should be with me within two weeks,

I was then given the chance to ask any questions i had, it was a very friendly chat just to make sure i wasnt a idiot and at no point was i being made to feel awkward or interrogated.

my cert arrived just under two weeks later and i went to pick up my guns straight away as i had put a deposit on two shotguns a week before it arrived.

There is nothing to worry about as long as your a sensible bloke they will see that and you'll be fine.

Good Luck :good:

When I had my visit, he asked me the standard questions, are you a raging alcohol? etc. He then explained the laws in brief and as I had been clay shooting for 6 months prior to applying he left it at that pretty much. He even refused tea/buiscits!!!!! Horror of horrors! :lol:

When I had my visit, he asked me the standard questions, are you a raging alcohol? etc. He then explained the laws in brief and as I had been clay shooting for 6 months prior to applying he left it at that pretty much. He even refused tea/buiscits!!!!! Horror of horrors! :lol:

Mine refused a drink and biccies as well, bought those chocolate hobnobs specially :lol:

I have always found Northumbria Police firearms licensing very efficient having dealt with them from 1983 for both SGC and firearm certs, grant, renewals and variations. Your FEO will have told you approx 8 weeks so as to allow for the various checks etc. Indeed you may,providing you meet all the criteria, receive you cert before 8 weeks. However dont be tempted to bother them before the quoted 8weeks. Patience is a virtue my friend :good:

ATB,

Pat

Winter wolf, I think you have the wrong person unless I ve started to forget things

FEO been, all seemed well and he said that it can take up to 8 weeks for me to get a Cert ( assuming I get it)

Hoping it ll be a lot faster than that :o

Lol yep different person sorry mate :) :) .... Freaky seeing someone else called Chilly who's from Southshields as well.

Im from LongBenton, but have some sand dancer friends.

Winter wolf, as honoured as I am to be refered to as a sand dancer (not) I'm actually from Cardiff originally and have only been up here for 5 years.

The FEO seemed like a really nice fella, fell in love with my Shih Tzu, I don't mind the wait, it is what it is :yes: