Foxes in Pembrokeshire

welsh1

Last night was the first night in living memory :rolleyes: in pembrokeshire that it hasn't been lashing it down or blowing a gale,so i popped out to the chicken farm to see what was about.

I walked into the field behind the yard where they keep the bins for the processing sheds,and flicked my nv on,i looked left,and there were three foxes on a stack of hay bales :good: i scanned round the field and there was another at 11 o'clock,one at 12 o'clock then another at 2 o'clock,at this point i'm in shock,then i scan my 3 oclock on a muck heap and there are another four on the muck heap :o

10 thats right 10 foxes in one field :thumbs:

I decided to go for the muck heap,nice solid backstop in the corner of the field,so i got down and flicked the nv back on and lit up a load of eyes,i gave a little squeak,and a couple of faces turned to me,but a big fox at the base of the heap started to amble my way,he stopped about 50yds out and looked back at his mates :shoot: gave me a nice shot at the base of his ear,when i checked a nice big dog in very good condition.

I looked around the field and spotted two foxes that were still in the field over the other side,but with buildings behind them,so i skirted around the field,and once in position had a look,one had gone but one was just staring at me through some scrub,rested on a gate post,and another down,this time a female again in good condition.

lastnight1.jpg

Scanned for a while longer,but i think the word was out,so i moved on to a field across the road

I had gone through two fields and got an eye shine about 200yds away,i gave a call and in it came,i got on the bipod,and could see it but only one eye,i figured it may have lost one in a fight or accident,i had to shout at it 30 yds out,and one in the bib stopped it forever,on inspection a female in bad condition,with a mangy tail and a few teeth missing,and a cataract covering one eye,i thing this old girl got through this winter because of the mild weather, but she was on her way out,at least it was quick for her and not a slow starve.

lastnight2.jpg

I am very happy and decide to call it a day,pack up get in the vehicle and drive down the lane,i look right over a stream,and there is a fox just sitting there,well i think :hmmm: and pull over,get the rifle out and off the bonnet,about 35yds drop him :yes: i don't have a photo for this boy as i was not going to put my boots back on climb a fence and cross a stream just to take a photo :no: so 4 in a night and home for 1am.

Today i went out with a mate,and i took the hmr in case there was some bunnies about,well my mate missed the largest cock pheasant in the world,three times :D so after a cup of tea,we decided to hit the woods on another farm.

as we walked over the rise in the field i crouched down,my mate went down,and i pointed to the dip,foxy asleep in the midday sun,i went back the 300yds to the truck and got the hmr,came back and got to about 50yds before he stuck his head up,that was the last thing he did,a nice dog fox in good condition,the old farmer was very happy,as a mate had a fox there on sunday with his 222,but had told him he had seen another fox.

lastnight2.jpg

So 5 foxes in about 18 hours,and a lot more out there :good:

Common name Stephen Jones, he is late 50's, with daughters . Kate & Karen . He is my cousin . Lives on one of the steep streets/ hills. I spent most summer holidays down that way

I think i know him, but cannot place why i know him,is it a street that leads up toward the old army barracks?

nice foxes there nice to see there are some other welsh shooting guys out there if you ever want a lamp man or just company just drop a message

Would help if you stick your location in your profile,then someone might see that you are just down the road :good:

What are they Accused of then? Sheep rustling? :lol:

I holiday in Wales on occasion but never shot while there. The scenery is stunning and some good terrain too.:good:

Isn't it weird,but when i was a kid we used to travel up to Hartlepool every summer to see my dads family,and i used to love it as there was loads to do like ice skating,and big cities :lol:

You never appreciate what's on your door step sometimes.