Webley Typhoon

B25Modelman

Quit a bit i would think especialy if got the box the one on the bottom looks like one i had inmid 50s the end bit pushes into itself and then shoots out it is not realy a air gun as the pelet is propelled by the inner half stopping dead and the pellet continuing to keep going it was old and beat up when i got it and that would hae been about 1956

Quit a bit i would think especialy if got the box the one on the bottom looks like one i had inmid 50s the end bit pushes into itself and then shoots out it is not realy a air gun as the pelet is propelled by the inner half stopping dead and the pellet continuing to keep going it was old and beat up when i got it and that would hae been about 1956

Thanks all,

Yes the Gat is not air ejection system the pellet is ejected by inertia. I have owned it since the mid 60's

reasnobly sure that the Typhoon is a Tempest . and the gat had no air cylinder or piston , simply two tubes that ran inside each other with a spring to propel the inner one and it stoped dead when it reached the end of travel and pelet was then continued to go , you pushed the inner tube into the outer and it locked in place , there is a screw on the end and it was undone and pellet put in hole then screw put back

reasnobly sure that the Typhoon is a Tempest . and the gat had no air cylinder or piston , simply two tubes that ran inside each other with a spring to propel the inner one and it stoped dead when it reached the end of travel and pelet was then continued to go , you pushed the inner tube into the outer and it locked in place , there is a screw on the end and it was undone and pellet put in hole then screw put back

It says "Typhoon", on the side of the pistol :blink:

The GAT has a seal at the rear of the sliding barrel-the main body is the cylinder and as the barrel assembly flies forwards it compresses air inside-this is transferred to the back of the projectile by 2 small holes inside the breach-the elongated loading probe is the length that it is to allow for this-strip one down and see-or look up its history.

well i aint got one now Bruno and i am sure there was no seal in the one i had it was just two tubes , perhaps the early ones were diferent . i dont know and i can not find anything on net i was only about 6 at the time and gun was old and clapped out then .

but like your first girl you remember your first gun, both as hard to work on but diferent tools needed . lol

LOl well you learn something every day but there was no seal in the one i had it may have been lost before i got it , and there was so much play in the workings i cant see how it could have presurised but the princaple is sound and explaines why the screw in plunger has a long probe to push the pellet beyond the air holes .but it did work not well but worked all the same . and they are still available , may get one to take apart as only a few pound new bargin .

• 3 weeks later...