Lamping in the snow

tomhw100

Morning chaps

Did anyone go out in the snow last night? Man it was cold!

We Managed six out of the nine rabbits I shot at ,my mate was Lamping for me-I was shooting the hw100. The rabbits sat well as the wind was in our favour and we managed to stalk them to 30-40yards. It was challenging in the wind and with heavy snow blowing in our faces!. After we shot the sixth at about 22.00 we decided to call it a night as my gun was literally covered in snow and I could hardly see out of my scope.

the only downside was that they were all pregnant does....but they do need to be controlled unfortunately.

Thought we done pretty well though considering!

Tried uploading picture off the IPad but it won't let me...Il,try and do it on the pc later.

yeah i went out with my hw100 and got 2 pigeons and 2 crows and a magpie and then as it started to get dark the odd few would run across the field about 80 yards in front of me then we sat and waited with a CLULITE red filter and managed 2 that hopped out around 35 yards but all the rest were to far away and wasnt even gonna atempy with the weather being ****

Morning chaps

Did anyone go out in the snow last night? Man it was cold!

We Managed six out of the nine rabbits I shot at ,my mate was Lamping for me-I was shooting the hw100. The rabbits sat well as the wind was in our favour and we managed to stalk them to 30-40yards. It was challenging in the wind and with heavy snow blowing in our faces!. After we shot the sixth at about 22.00 we decided to call it a night as my gun was literally covered in snow and I could hardly see out of my scope.

the only downside was that they were all pregnant does....but they do need to be controlled unfortunately.

Thought we done pretty well though considering!

Tried uploading picture off the IPad but it won't let me...Il,try and do it on the pc later.

Yes I went out last night with the 243 few basils about couldn't get any shots off due to safety but back out tonight

Well done tom i bet it was cold :lol: Only rain here last night again. :angry: I don't think we have had more than 6 or 7 dry night in 3 months :lol: I'm sure these randy rabbits are at it all year long :hmm:

Cheers mate bloody hell thats pants weather! Yep in the last couple of years or so starting to see a lot more pregnant doe's all year round. Hence the pun 'at it like rabbits!' :lol:

Yes I went out last night with the 243 few basils about couldn't get any shots off due to safety but back out tonight

Good luck mate :lol: basil's haven't heard that for a while!

Edited by tomhw100

I could make targets out at 150 yards with no lamp under the snow with my Schmidt and bender on my .22-250, so I decided not To go out! Was going to stalk a munty this morning but my steps where soooooo loud I just thought, what's the point! Lol

I went out last night and managed to squeak a fox to around 25 yards where it fell to a double barrel load of 36gr 5's, seeing more charlies all the time in Suffolk

Matt that's pretty good! Where u hand calling? I've only ever had one get that close I literally had to shout to stop it!