white geese i shot

les gedge

To reply to chrispti comment "What noise do they make, canada or grey" Its just a dull thud, :lol:

In all honesty it hard to say when they are in big flocks, they are usually mixed in with honkers. :good:

o/quote] i just like the fudd when they hit the ground.wait till my gang is let loose out of seas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ha haha i think you have got the shovel.and you new what i always meant,but always had a go a me not nice is it.

dead right it's not nice,but then of course I am referring to shooting domesticated geese from golden acre park,(the park I referred to when I asked where there any big parks near you) then you waffled about crossbreeding on the farm etc, more ******** spouted, basically you shot domesticated geese which is up to you, but then your daft enough to take a photo and put it on public display? like I said keep digging the hole is getting bigger.

KW

Edited by kdubya

What cartridges do you use, just out of interest :hmm:

Im using a Gamebore 3.5'' BB, which works well :good:

i use solway magnums steel no 2s or remmingtons 31/2 steel no3s.just got a reloader going to load my own no `1s steel.3 1/2s .off for a drink now so excuse my spelling when i get back.les

nice one les :good: i couldn,t care less if they are crossed with a farm yard goose dog cow or chicken the forum is littered with people who think they know better than you but in reality they don,t :yes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: and i totally agree with you on that yickdaz :good: :good: BB

And les,take no notice of the grammar police on here mate,too much time on the keyboard when the rest of us are out with the gun :lol: :lol:

Edited by Bluebarrels

dead right it's not nice,but then of course I am referring to shooting domesticated geese from golden acre park,(the park I referred to when I asked where there any big parks near you) then you waffled about crossbreeding on the farm etc, more ******** spouted, basically you shot domesticated geese which is up to you, but then your daft enough to take a photo and put it on public display? like I said keep digging the hole is getting bigger.

KW

Not trying to be rude or anything but can't you see nobody else is interested in your comments?

Les, let us know what they taste like!!

Not trying to be rude or anything but can't you see nobody else is interested in your comments?

Les, let us know what they taste like!!

another one who finds the truth offensive enough to go into denial.

KW

another one who finds the truth offensive enough to go into denial.

KW

Just to get the record straight. I'm not trying to start an agreement with you on who is right or not. I would have been with you on this one if you could prove to us that the birds in question are indeed domestic and were taken on the ground around a pond and not in flight mixed with greylags.

Domestic birds don't take in flight for miles on end, its also no illegal to shoot crossed birds. Its up to everyone's discretion to do so, Les chosen to do so, you did not, it doesn't mean its wrong if you do so does it?

Just to get the record straight. I'm not trying to start an agreement with you on who is right or not. I would have been with you on this one if you could prove to us that the birds in question are indeed domestic and were taken on the ground around a pond and not in flight mixed with greylags.

Domestic birds don't take in flight for miles on end, its also no illegal to shoot crossed birds. Its up to everyone's discretion to do so, Les chosen to do so, you did not, it doesn't mean its wrong if you do so does it?

just about sums up shooting a couple of same family, semi or fully domesticated birds from a park lake that does, now why would I get that Idea :hmm:

KW

White geese or geese with a degree of white plumage do occur in greylag flocks, generally after outcrossing with domestic stock. Domestic geese are a domesticated version of the greylag goose (unless its a chinese goose then the original wild variant was a swan goose).

I used to enjoy the sight of them but now realise they should be culled out as far as possible as they are contaminating the gene pool of the reintroduced greylags. Greylags should look like greylags and not like some mongrel snow goose.

White geese or geese with a degree of white plumage do occur in greylag flocks, generally after outcrossing with domestic stock. Domestic geese are a domesticated version of the greylag goose (unless its a chinese goose then the original wild variant was a swan goose).

I used to enjoy the sight of them but now realise they should be culled out as far as possible as they are contaminating the gene pool of the reintroduced greylags. Greylags should look like greylags and not like some mongrel snow goose.

topman you are right they do need taking out.les