swedish hunt

yds

back now

uploading the photos now be a while.

great time was had and everyone scored kills.

we saw lots of things including the temp go to below minus 20c one night and none of us could sit later then midnight, Everything froze up scopes, muzzles and cartridges in magazines and breath on anything it touched including ear flaps of hats. Even the snow on our boots froze our boots into the shape we were sat in and the trouser bottoms froze to our boots which made moving very hard when it came to trekking out for our lifts.

bag was 7 fallow deer (no medals but a gold was seen on leaving a box and no shot was taken) 1 missed running.

3 foxes

2 wild boar

other animals seen were Moose (non shootable as what we could shoot was strict and fines were heavy) eagles, pine martin, roe,

ravens and waxwings.

Right here goes, don't have all the kills as some were shot a night under the moon and were skinned and lardered immediatly to stop them freezing with their skins on.

the boys who shot them may post or send me them when they recover.

the first night in the lodge, dark when we got there.

001.jpg

the danes set off hunting in the morning got everywhere (nearly) with just chains on a 2 wheel drive.

002-5.jpg

the boys loading into the car on first morning a mild -5

003-3.jpg

the morning view from my stand

where both pigs and a fallow were shot later in the trip sadly not by me.

005-2.jpg

the wood looked like this on the walk out.

006-1.jpg

breakfast in the lodge

day 1

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

the lodge from outside

014.jpg

013-2.jpg

my 2 fallow shot from sticks with an audience

156m and 242m

there is i believe some video of this.

019-1.jpg

sortly after darrens rifle cracked and he had his first fallow.

020-2.jpg

next morning the veiw from my moose stand.

i never sw one but trevor who was 400ms from me had a 2 year old cow (not takable) within 100ms and videoed it

026-1.jpg

the night blinds were super looking 30ms into the feeding station.

028.jpg

033-1.jpg

inside

032-1.jpg

the boys topping up the feed.

030.jpg

031.jpg

trevors pricket i have the video of this one.

035-1.jpg

the drive to the other ground

037.jpg

038-1.jpg

039-1.jpg

day 2 after the minus 21 temps

the telephone lines

045-1.jpg

steves perfectly shot fallow doe which ran 100ms into the trees in the late evening which we found the next day by watching the ravens and 2 massive eagles.

it was just grallochable and hadn't quite froze solid... the ravens had had its eyes.

047-1.jpg

darren coming back to the car.

050.jpg

my feed station with roe at it.

052.jpg

where i later shot 3 foxes for 2 shots under the late evening sky (starlight almost).

sorry no photos as it was very late and dark when we left and my battery had died on the phone.

when i met daz

056.jpg

the long drive back

066.jpg

the motorway

067.jpg

nice going john is that trevs legs i see in the background :blink: ,atb wayne

yes mate.

god he can eat.....

What a fantastic break, beautiful country, I would love to do something like that!

not an impossible dream mate, i am commercially taking at least 2 trips next winter there and 2 to finlnd for driven moose.

yes mate.

god he can eat.....

not an impossible dream mate, i am commercially taking at least 2 trips next winter there and 2 to finlnd for driven moose.

If you dont mind me asking then, what prices are we talking? Id love a job like yours too, I always watch your vids on youtube and read your posts on here and stalking directory. :good:

will depend on the trip and country(logistics) but should be around the 1K(guestimate) mark for 3 days hunting + flights and beer.

Do you know people in the business then or do you buy the trips out of sporting rifle or from a sporting agent or something? Is shotgunspud (Alex) a sporting agent, I know his dad is.

Edited by 12borejimbo

alex is an agent.

me i have made a very good friend who has many scandanavian contacts and he has to take so many days to hunt personally, the surplus he and his friends can't fill are mine to sell for him. My commission is i get to hunt as well so everyones a winner.

he like many are mad keen hunters and he will send me danish clients to shoot roe buck so its a mutual thing and all the hunting is a know thing rther then an agent just often sends clients somewhere without always checking the ground. :good:

alex is an agent.

me i have made a very good friend who has many scandanavian contacts and he has to take so many days to hunt personally, the surplus he and his friends can't fill are mine to sell for him. My commission is i get to hunt as well so everyones a winner.

he like many are mad keen hunters and he will send me danish clients to shoot roe buck so its a mutual thing and all the hunting is a know thing rther then an agent just often sends clients somewhere without always checking the ground. :good:

A very lucky man indeed. Id love to be a sporting agent, or work in the fieldsports business.

its great to shoot in those conditions, crisp, clean and at one with nature, unlike back here where i had to crawl 200 yards on my belly to get in a shootable position for a CWD, worth it though as some of it was cooked in a tangenie with spices and prunes and chick peas and oh my god it was fabulous.