In Ear Defenders

Jamiewa

Can anyone suggest a make of good in ear defenders which let you hear natural sounds? I feel so cut off from the coutnryside with my cheap over ear defenders, plus they can get in the way of the stock sometimes.

I looked at the Cens digital which look great..but had a shock to see they are about £500 so wondered if there is a cheaper moulded alternative out there. I always find the generic foam things fall out of my ears.

Give the Surefire EP4 or EP3 a try. I paid £16 for a pair and they were a great buy. You can still hear conversation, leaves rustling etc. but they reduce gunshots to a comfortable and safe level. They are fine for any outdoor shooting. This may sound daft, but learn how to properly fit in-ear plugs. Reach over your head, lift the ear up to straighten the canal, insert the plug. Makes a world of difference to how effective they are.

surefireep4lpr111.jpg

Edited by sterling

Although I mentioned the Napier Pro 9's, I also have, and use, Howard Leight electronic ear defenders. These are light in weight, and will amplify sounds like leaves rustling or speech, but cut out all harmful noise. Priced at around £56, they are excellent value for money. There is also an option to plug an mp3 player into them.

Iv just upgraded mine aswell, I used a guy called glen (chamionprotection) he comes out and takes moulds of ur ears, great fella and so many to choose from, they fit perfect aswell, great for hearing sounds but amazing for blocking out the gun shot noise, pm me for his deitals, always worth a call if ya still lookin cheers ben happy hunting :0)

Although I mentioned the Napier Pro 9's, I also have, and use, Howard Leight electronic ear defenders. These are light in weight, and will amplify sounds like leaves rustling or speech, but cut out all harmful noise. Priced at around £56, they are excellent value for money. There is also an option to plug an mp3 player into them.

Howard Leight head set very good very good price