gamebore black gold

Do not totally agree back in 2004 I had a "hard up year" and only shot with cheap cartridges, when in registered comp won nothing.I was better off in 2005 back to using "Express Super Comps" won no end at club level, county level and 1 was first in AA class in the English Open Single Barrel with a 100 straight now have shot 5 x 100 straights but always with premium cartridges.

Deershooter

I'd put money on it being entirely confidence based. It makes a difference definitely and if you don't expect to do well with a shell you won't. I've shot pretty much every shell going and put in scores with all of them at some point or another. Confidence is well worth having, if you get it through buying a dearer shell then fair play. I've done the blind loading stuff a lot in the past and there really is nothing between them but price and recoil.

I'd put money on it being entirely confidence based. It makes a difference definitely and if you don't expect to do well with a shell you won't. I've shot pretty much every shell going and put in scores with all of them at some point or another. Confidence is well worth having, if you get it through buying a dearer shell then fair play. I've done the blind loading stuff a lot in the past and there really is nothing between them but price and recoil.

Always tickles me when someone says that such and such a cartridge is so much slower than their usual hyper velocity clay cruncher that they have to give that crosser a whole extra yard of lead!!!!

I wouldn't mind betting that their perception of the amount of lead they have to give a bird is directly proportional to the felt recoil.

I said.........

fred%20elliott.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

expensive,loud,big kick not that much faster than countless others and the only time me or my mates have had mis-fires is with black gold also i think they use old duvets for wading thers some right **** comes out.blue diamond much cheaper and in my opinion better oh and also just recently had loads of empty carts in boxes of both game and comp loads i.e. no or very little shot in em

Edited by bezbezbez

I've tried these and didn't get on with them .. kick far more than expected and the recoil system in them is useless IMHO .. the kent velocity are cheaper and have the same shot in them .. i compared the 2 (on a fibre only shoot) and prefer the kent ;)

Guest cookoff013

i`d rather shoot a #5 at 1200fps, than a #6 at 1600fps.

just how fast do you want your shells?

how do you know they are as fast as they claim to be?

they recoil !

Seen a few empties round the bins at our local shoot - I know the winners of shoot don't use them so it must be the shooters with fancy guns and bling 4x4's - all image.

Years ago one of the shooters to beat bought a load of cartridges that fell off back of a trailer - literally all over M54 - he bought them cheap - straightened up some squashed ones and each sunday he and his lad filled bag with whatever came out of box - he shot everything from 24g to 32g 6 - 7 -8 -9 - plastic and fibre all different makes. he was hard to beat.

Dave