first fox with my nv setup

remmy1100

well im giving rabbits a rest as had a couple carrying well developed young all good if purely pest control but I and my family eat most of the rabbits I shoot so im just wiping out my future larder so to speak.so switched to fox control out last night with hmr with nv on and my foxpro scorpion caller.I set it up 70 yds out due to very gust wind and spread some rabbit remains about as wind would carry the smell and settled down onto of bales used a rabbit distress call within couple of minutes picked set of eyes up zoomed in was a owl then another set to the left turned out to be another owl after sitting there for 10 mins i spooked them and they flew off,scanned field again and eyes 120 yards out confirmed fox it came in slowly but then something spooked it it then raced towards me passing by the bales without presenting a shot.30 mins passed then another scan confirmed another fox stalking towards bait area i turned caller off and it moved forward before sitting staring directly at me at 82 yards settled the crosshair on him then squeezed the round off ,he slumped forward stone dead a nice dog fox i retreived him settled back in but within 20 mins had lights casting over field we have trouble here with poachers with dogs.i climbed down and moved to end of bales as my motor was there and they were shining light on it.then suddenly i heard a radio it was the police i went to see them and they explained they were out after gang of poachers and had seen my car behind hedge ,I carry my licences and permission slips so produced them which saw them on there way must say they had some kit with them nv spotters , remote light on roof ect ,decided to then call it a night,first time ive ever used my motor to go out and first time ever had police stop :rolleyes: ,must get the quad mot,d so im stealthy again <_<

post-2392-0-86987000-1330008765.jpg