Zeroing New Rifle

deputy dog

Went down Sportmans GC today and had the faulty mount fitting replaced, which we had found out to be the

cause of my zeroing problem. It was slightly higher on the one side of the fitting from,

what could be bad machining during production. It caused the scope to be pushed out ever so

slightly to the left, which in turn explained the bad windage problem and why we couldn't get the

reticle to sit on the Collimeter grid.

After having the scope reset an bore sighted, i bought some Norma .243 V MAX ammo to try out

while zeroing a bit later up the farm. Thats when things didn't quite pan out as they should have.

Some numpty namely me, went in my safe this morning an took a bolt thinking it was the right one for

the rifle i was taking with me. Only to discover after leaving Sportsmans GC traveling up to the farm

and getting my rifle out, that the bolt was actually for my HMR, like a pillock i had taken

the wrong bolt :blush: :blush: :blush:

Iv read a few times on here about people doing the same thing, and always thought it would never

happen to me. And i can honestly say, after the **** taking that followed by PaulT an Martin his

friend, during the walk about we had around the farm. I wont be making the same mistake again.

But it didn't turn out to bad on the shooting side, as Paul nailed 3 squirrels with his new semi auto

shotgun on it's debut out in the field, which always puts a smile a any farmers face. Though i was

left rather red faced if the truth be known :lol: :lol: :lol:

DD

Edited by deputy dog

Went down Sportmans GC today and had the faulty mount fitting replaced, which we had found out to be the

cause of my zeroing problem. It was slightly higher on the one side of the fitting from,

what could be bad machining during production. It caused the scope to be pushed out ever so

slightly to the left, which in turn explained the bad windage problem and why we couldn't get the

reticle to sit on the Collimeter grid.

After having the scope reset an bore sighted, i bought some Norma .243 V MAX ammo to try out

while zeroing a bit later up the farm. Thats when things didn't quite pan out as they should have.

Some numpty namely me, went in my safe this morning an took a bolt thinking it was the right one for

the rifle i was taking with me. Only to discover after leaving Sportsmans GC traveling up to the farm

and getting my rifle out, that the bolt was actually for my HMR, like a pillock i had taken

the wrong bolt :blush: :blush: :blush:

Iv read a few times on here about people doing the same thing, and always thought it would never

happen to me. And i can honestly say, after the **** taking that followed by PaulT an Martin his

friend, during the walk about we had around the farm. I wont be making the same mistake again.

But it didn't turn out to bad on the shooting side, as Paul nailed 3 squirrels with his new semi auto

shotgun on it's debut out in the field, which always puts a smile a any farmers face. Though i was

left rather red faced if the truth be known :lol: :lol: :lol:

DD

Deputy dogs new pigeonwatch username is WALLY1.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You better call me WALLY 2 then, done that a few time. :lol:

I'm glad i aint the only one Terry :lol: :lol:

Felt like a right dingo when Paul told me after looking at it for me.

I just didn't click that it was the wrong bolt even after looking at it myself :blush: :blush: .

Paul as you would rightly think took the pee out of me for a while and by the looks has renamed

me Wally1 which aint far off the mark of how i felt hahaha.

Very glad i bought the X Bolt now though Terry, she handles pretty well in my hands and the trigger

was pretty much spot on to my liking straight out the box. Lovely gun all rounda and i can see

us making a good double act out in the field. I think she will like the diet of Norma Ammo iv bought

for her, though i don't think Charlie Fox will appreciate it hahaha.

Iv put a sticker on my cabinet now, remember the right bolt :lol: :lol: :lol: so

hopefully no more misshaps.

Hope your well mate

DD

All best Mate

Gareth

Aye it took a long walk around the mulberry bush. But alas its finally done, but i will be honest i do need a lot more practice to get used to center fire shooting. Its not as easy as it looks when getting used to the rifle an recoil, totally different to rim fire shooting.

DD