GWP Dog

MadSpringer

Advertising this dog for a friend, due to a change in circumstances he no longer has the time to bring this dog on to its full potential.

Basics installed and recall is 100% he just needs time spending on him to bring him on.

Very well bred and KC registered with all paperwork £600. Experienced working home only!

PM me for contact details.

Cheers

ottos.jpg

How old is he and does he live in our out? What is the breeding?

Thanks.

Hi WGD,

Two years old and kenneled outside.

He is from Bryantscroft lines, you would have to contact the owner for more details on his breeding.

PM me for contact details if you need them.

Cheers

looks a cracker without too much of the loopy GWP side about him. Looks like he is 2 WGD ;)

How do you tell that it aint loopy from a photo? sorry i am not saying it aint a worthwhile dog or it is loopy, just i think its a case of intersted parties getting in the car and checking it out in person. It looks a well put together dog that i can say from the photo

Ok he was obviously Brantscroft lines the hints were the size and coat location etc rather than the shaggy monster that bounces. Obviously he is unlikely to be that quiet its not a breed characteristic in some ways. At two you can still form the dog to ano extent if its actually for wgd who is used to spaniels it should be a piece of cake. Must be hard to part from dog as they are easy to get attached to.

If this dog was bred by Bryantscroft then I am sure the owner signed a contract to let the breeder know he was unwanted. This is a very reputable breeder and he should be informed for the sake of the dog.

If this was Bryantscroft sired only, then the owner of the bitch should be contacted in the first instance with a view to rehoming.

Alternatively, the owner should contact the GWP Club for advice.

Touting around forums should be the last resort for such a quality dog.

It should be about the dog not the money.

Edited by Greymaster

Ok he was obviously Brantscroft lines the hints were the size and coat location etc rather than the shaggy monster that bounces. Obviously he is unlikely to be that quiet its not a breed characteristic in some ways. At two you can still form the dog to ano extent if its actually for wgd who is used to spaniels it should be a piece of cake. Must be hard to part from dog as they are easy to get attached to.

You should be judging at Crufts with such a good eye for dogs.

If this dog was bred by Bryantscroft then I am sure the owner signed a contract to let the breeder know he was unwanted. This is a very reputable breeder and he should be informed for the sake of the dog.

If this was Bryantscroft sired only, then the owner of the bitch should be contacted in the first instance with a view to rehoming.

Alternatively, the owner should contact the GWP Club for advice.

Touting around forums should be the last resort for such a quality dog.

It should be about the dog not the money.

Thanks for the input! All these options are being pursued also and Rory Major has been contacted.

It's nothing to do with money, it is about finding the right home for the dog. This forum is used by a large number of people who all will have a network of friends which may lead to finding this dog the right home!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Thanks for the input! All these options are being pursued also and Rory Major has been contacted.

It's nothing to do with money, it is about finding the right home for the dog. This forum is used by a large number of people who all will have a network of friends which may lead to finding this dog the right home!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Well Said

Cheers

If anyone can sort it he can, you will be unlikely to see £600 from him though :lol:

I think the location a clue- However i think size and coat are a wild shot in the dark with such a lets say "variable" breed

A GWP is a hunting machine and not a dog that can sit in a hide all day. Rory's lines make for excellent HPR work, and tracking dogs, but it will depend what he has been trained for at this stage of his development.

True there are heaps of people on here who might know of somebody who can provide the right home for the dog, but as you state, he is only being given up because the owner cannot now take the dog the dog further, so he seems to want the dog to be taken further.

Rory and/or the GWP Club are best placed to fulfil the owners requirements, and as you say on behalf of the owner, money is not the issue.

vice versa greymaster they are also keen to just be with you so though they can be obsessive hunting machines they can also chill or lets say the one that been sat on my truck seat most of the morning then watching a bit of reloading and zeroing and then waiting in the wood while I did a bit of chainsawing is. She will sit in a hide fine only time she won't sit still is on driven pheasants when she just wants to be beating, something she is rather good at surprisingly. Indeed the GWP club will help but there is as much chance of finding a decent home on here mine is a cracking house dog as well as shooting companion and they can be very easy to live with, on the other hand get the continental type and they are far less so.

Rory Major has just been on the phone asking about this dog. He cant remember being contacted about this dog and seems to doubt it is a Bryantsdroft bred dog (though it might be bred from a bitch he has sold or a stud dog of his at some time etc). I think it would be a good idea to disclose exactly what is on offer here and perhaps a phone call to the guy in question might be an idea.

vice versa greymaster they are also keen to just be with you so though they can be obsessive hunting machines they can also chill or lets say the one that been sat on my truck seat most of the morning then watching a bit of reloading and zeroing and then waiting in the wood while I did a bit of chainsawing is. She will sit in a hide fine only time she won't sit still is on driven pheasants when she just wants to be beating, something she is rather good at surprisingly. Indeed the GWP club will help but there is as much chance of finding a decent home on here mine is a cracking house dog as well as shooting companion and they can be very easy to live with, on the other hand get the continental type and they are far less so.

Please remember although there is a plethora of these dogs about these days, lines are very short to get back to the continental types. I am not against this "continental" type (which might be a misnomer now but we get the point) indeed i perhaps preffer them.

My dog of the same name as this "OTTO" (hence the phonecall) was fantasic hunting dog on general and large quarry but as a pet he was the worst dog imaginable