Speed awareness course

ack-ack

Rob,

I was searching You Tube for a cryptic reply to your “speeding” post, but never got past watching the girls in the back ground :D:D:D

However this was my second choice

:P:P

TEH

Truly horrific, made me feel sick. The car crash one wasn't too bad though. :lol:

Our group was good, apart from one ignoramus who sat muttering, arms folded for the first half but the light dawned into even his tiny little brain eventually. He took delight in spouting the usual received opinion about speed cameras, driving etc.

He made himself look a complete cock. :lol:

There was a guy on my course who's posture during the host's opening spiel said it all. His attitude sucked and he got the guys hackles up straight away. He was pulled on using mild bad language and wasn't in the room after the first break.

I got a NIP along with a photo of my police dog van going through a red light in a 40 zone at 92mph. With it was a note from the Chief Inspector asking for an explanation and ending 'This had better be good'. I replied with a photo of the Transit van I was pursuing. It had gone through the same lights as me with the owner standing on the front bumper, clinging onto the wipers and door mirror with a thieving ***** at the wheel. I also included a photocopy of the arrest report and ended with 'Is this good enough?' Never heard anything back. :lol:

Just for information of the Police lovers on here :rolleyes: ; the junction (outiside The Ball Inn at Bramley, Rotherham) has a traffic light sequence whereby when my light went red the oncoming green filter for right turners is activated. I could see there was no traffic and took the junction in the outside lane so as to have a safe view of the left hand side road.

Our group was good, apart from one ignoramus who sat muttering, arms folded for the first half but the light dawned into even his tiny little brain eventually. He took delight in spouting the usual received opinion about speed cameras, driving etc.

He made himself look a complete cock. :lol:

I didn't know you were on my course....

46 in a 30, got 3 points and a fine……...

No offer of a course and this was as month after passing :rolleyes:

You were bloody lucky not to end up in the dock! thats 50% over lucky not to get banned

I got the letter a few months back and got offered the choice of points, court or course. Having a few motors and not wanting the insurance to shift up a notch on all of them I opted for the course (which equated to £80 + the loss of a days wedge). Being the first time in years that I've had a clean licence I thought it prudent to take the fuzz and the council up on the offer.

I went there expecting the usual pap that I have to sit through on work courses and to get preached at by pious tossers. I was also expecting to be nodding off after a few hours of tedium.

It was nothing like that. The guys that were running it did not judge or give it the holier than thou act and managed to involve everybody in the room. The way the day was put together was spot on and I honestly believe my attitude has changed. How long it will last for is another matter but I like to think I'll tow the line from here on.

Kent county council in this instance and this one alone I salute you.

Anybody else done the naughty boy course?

What did you make of it?

My lad did the same thing.

All positive about the course.

Then got himself 3 points for speeding within 2 months.

:blush:

Had the pleasure of doing one last year in Herts. Usual classroom stuff videos etc in the morning.

In the afternoon there was 20 driving instructors waiting in cars it was then 2 to a car and of we went for an hours drive each while he comentted on our bad habits. It wasn't as bad as I expected.

Had the pleasure of doing one last year in Herts. Usual classroom stuff videos etc in the morning.

In the afternoon there was 20 driving instructors waiting in cars it was then 2 to a car and of we went for an hours drive each while he comentted on our bad habits. It wasn't as bad as I expected.

Never heard of that before mine was just a morning or afternoon with a presentation and a chat.....

My lad did the same thing.

All positive about the course.

Then got himself 3 points for speeding within 2 months.

:blush:

This evening I drove back from London at text book speeds and whilst I managed to get 43mpg from motor that normally just scrapes 30 I was bored senseless. I'll defo get done again at some point.

I've never been done for speeding... touch wood! I rarely go over in low speed limits as I feel they're there for a good reason, but I do get a bit keen on motorways and A roads.

Speed is a funny thing. On a clear motorway in the early hours I think nothing of doing 90ish - as long as you back off when you come across other cars and go past them a bit carefully before giving it some right foot again I can't see who it's hurting? I'll only speed when I'm confident I'll only kill myself if something goes wrong.

People driving too close gets me. I was following someone the other day doing 55 in a 60 limit and I kid you not I recon they had 4 feet between them and the car in front. It makes my blood boil how thick some people can be! I don't claim to be perfect myself but that's just beyond stupid. :angry:

so far touching every peice of wood in the house. Not yet ever been done for speeding.

But with the way A & S are it only time before every gets done who lives in the county or that passes though. Be esaier if they you are entering Somerset 30 mph please.

Read though all the comments it appears that they do work and inprove road safety.

They tells they are safety cammera partenership or word to that effect. Why don't sit out schools, hospitails, or accdinet black spots.

Not sit straigth bit of road or hind behind a sigin post etc. They are just money making for the police funds pure and simple and make they look good in home office legal tables.