Reloading

Rob G

A mate of mine has looked into reloading cf ammo,how does this work on your fac.When you buy factory loaded you have to get all the details filled in on your fac.Do you do the same but individual ie primers,heads,cases,powder :blush:

assembled rounds i believe, so you just buy all the components and when they are assembled they must not come to any number greater than that listed on your cert. (e.g 800 rounds to hold or what ever means you cant have more than 800 assembeled rounds) there is no reason for any of the components to be entered onto your ticket.

Thanks nick,thats what the man in the shop told him but we wasn't sure.With the way the prices are going i'm thinking of giving it a look.See how my mate gets on first,i've got fingers like sausages so if it's to fiddly i will give it a miss

Yes ...........I believe for the primors and powder which are logged by the RFD in his book but not on your Cert ......I can't say about Brass cases as I've always kept my fired shells and as a result never had to buy any :blush:

In fact I've just find out recently that the .223 case lenght of brass from Federal American Eagle is short even after firing and there is nowt to trim :blush::good: ..........Probably one of the reasons it's only £8 a box :good:

Out of intrest do you need to use your FAC to purchase all the individual components?

Gibby

NO You don't needs an FAC to buy powder and primers

Jonno

Jon

I'm just getting into reloading and very recently I purchased Bullets ,Primors and powders ......my cert had to be produced

The bullets were logged on my ticket

The powder was logged in his book along with my cert number

The primors were purchased first on a seperate date and a visual of my cert was required before the sale took place

Out of intrest do you need to use your FAC to purchase all the individual components?

Gibby

NO You don't needs an FAC to buy powder and primers

Jonno

Jon

I'm just getting into reloading and very recently I purchased Bullets ,Primors and powders ......my cert had to be produced

The bullets were logged on my ticket

The powder was logged in his book along with my cert number

The primors were purchased first on a seperate date and a visual of my cert was required before the sale took place

This is just good procedure on behalf of the gunshop to ask to see an FAC to sell powders and primers. Like GM said it isn't law but soon will be

Jonno

It makes sense for reloaders to log what they use, or even write in on their ticket themselves, my FEO advised me to do that as when you go for and open cert / variation / renewal it shows you are using the tools, so you won't have to have the 'use it or loose it' conversation. My mate bought me 100 6.5 rounds recently so I just wrote them in on my cert with a transfer from his FAC - simple.

I agree, gunshops should ask to see your ticket before you buy all this stuff, it makes(here comes a dirty phrase) COMMON SENSE, wow, beleive that, I said it, how do we cope out there these days without rules from the top, I just dont know.

My very soon to be wife is a teacher and guess what she was made to teach last week?

Making Sandwiches!

For a whole morning.

So Fister what butties was the wife making ? Hope it was bacon, yummy !! Was there any Muslim children in the class :good::good::good::lol: ??

Jonno