House alarms

bullet1747

Hi every one have we any house alarm experts on here ,fitted an texacom alarm for a customer 18 months back (I'm a sparks) any way ,they phoned today the alarm has gone of a few times in the night unexpectedly ,sets fine after then went of once in the day time ,can't get for a few days wife gone to London to see wicked with daughter and I'm sitting the youngsters(they like to go shooting so that's a plus) first thoughts we battery but if it was it would go of all time I think don't usually fit alarms only it was a big wiring job any advice would be appreciated

Cheers in advance

Has it got PIR sensors ?

If so they are the favorite, either a spider inside or just a faulty one.

Had a couple throw intermittent faults, 2 faulty & one with a spider living inside, just swap them out with new and no more problems.

It should say which zone causes the alarm on the control panel.

Cat and mouse antics?

Spiders?

User errors?

Hope its hard wired...the radio ones are prone to interference.

Spikes and surges?

Has anyone been drilling holes or banging nails thru cables?

Are the PIRs set to 5 strikes or 1 strike...latter more prone to trip.

Door contacts good?

HTH

My alarm played up once and first port of call was change battery - they don't last for ever and at 10 quid it's not a lot - It did fix the fault -- we had odd one at night and it was cat slipped in garage while door was open - jumped on car to roof and slept till 2 in morning PIR got it. Grrrrr. - never had faulty PIR's though - and as Robin said see if you can make them double knock and did it say what zone was playing up - ?.

dave

As said above, it could be a number of things causing it to go off. You would be best asking the home owners to check which zone light (if any) is lit after it has gone off or have a look at the most recent alarms in the memory once you can get out to it and take it from there.

I once had a faulty bell box that kept going into alarm with no leds lit on the panel so that could be a possibility.

If its more than one zone going off check for induced ac did you wire the low vaultage seperate to the high volt. If not easy fix. With a 12v filter

If the battery was faulty it would be going off all the time.

Did you wire the detectors 4wire or double end of line ( with registors ) if so check the registors are ok. If its a pir turn the sensetivity down if it goes off again with no reason change it.

Texecom pannels are a good pannel so you shouldnt have many problems.

Richard