Looks like we have a beaver.....

henry d

Henry, you have a beaver in the true rather than colloquial sense of the word !!!??

At least when it rains in a few years time you wont be flooded out, there will be a natural reduction in the Time of Concentration of the flood water thanks to your beaver, (in the correct sense of the word).

Naked Gun 2

Very interesting HD - I guess it was only a matter of time before one escaped. It is incredible how powerful their teeth must be, the cuts are also a lot cleaner than I thought they would be.

Yeah, I`m sure it must have "Escaped". I think it may be a youngster, however I didn`t want the dog going too far into the hole, spaniel v beaver :oops::no:

I thought they were releasing them in some parts.

Not sure if i would want one or not. Giant ponds and trees disappearing is a bit iffy on the farm, spose it would give those idle EA people summat to do.

Edited by 39TDS

Wasn't a beaver captured in Perthshire a few years back? And following a trial re-introduction somewhere, more have been illegally released elsewhere?

I'm impressed at the "cuts" too, look almost like hatchet marks!