gun sales

binman

has anyone else noticed that most guns on hear are not selling very well, i know a fair few are over priced, dealer prices,, but iv seen some half decent priced guns recently that just are not selling.if i had need for more guns i would be very pleased with some of the prices, i think iv done well not to impulse buy. :good:

steve.

What's more annoying is the fact that some sellers don't bother declaring the product as 'SOLD' once it's gone!

I ve had a few knock backs by this. You see something you like. You drop them a line, and then you get a 'sorry mate, it's already been sold' really winds me up.

My last one took ages to sell on here but took under 2 days on gun trader for same price, so this time i'll give it a 2 weeks then gun trader it is.

Thanks for that I was wondering whether it was worth the £7.50 on gun trader. GW is good, can't fault it, but GT I assume has more hits

You have to watch out for scammers - they normally hang out in the airgun section. If something looks like a bargain that is too good to be true, then it probably is. Keep your eyes out for something being sold at a low price and if you get near a deal but insist on proof of identity and that the seller is who they say they are, then all of a sudden the gun in question will be "sold".

My pet hate is people trying to flog second hand gear on here for more than retail. Ok, it's none of my business but if someone I knew was about to buy a £10 note for £15 I'd say something or at least point out the truth of the transaction and stop someone from being stitched up. In return, I would hope that others would do it for me. It's the right "community" thing to do.

I'm sure it can be quite annoying for some sellers as well. 'can you hold on to it for a few months 'till my certificate comes through?' or just dealing with general time wasters.

Not everybody on this forum are honest.

When I was selling my Mossberg in early Feb, someone said they were interested, went throught the whole polava and told them the price was low for a quick sale as I had dibs on a Browning but couldnt wait forever then they said they were awaiting thier cert, could I hold it till May?! Had a few time wasters on My bettinsoli as well. One guy came to look, all very promising, then emailed me asking for it at nearly half the price because if he bought a new one it would have a waranty! I dont know about guns not selling well, I'm reluctant to sell via the internet now. Maybe buyers are just as warry of being messed about.

Theres some bargains on here but some ridiculous prices. 300 quid for a gun most people sell for 100you quid? I had one the dealer didn't want it and I gave it away in the end. The ones that go unsold are usually well over priced, dont see how people can't see that? In the midst of a recession expensive luxuries can't be bought as readily and so if you want to flog it sell it at a reasonable price, prices of new guns go up nut the resale will never go up at the same rate