Rook shooting

ajd132

I have painted some old pigeon decoys black in the hope this may work for devoying the large amount of rooks about at the moment, can anyone suggest patterns for the decoys. Would i do a standard horseshore? I was also thinking of staking an opened rabbit within the pattern!

Some people swear by certain decoy patterns, I don't really bother with a trademark pattern and just use commons sense and try and make it look as natural as I can, and it certainly works.

Good luck :good:

I willprobably just set them up around a dead bunny

I set my rook/crow decoys out in a large random pattern, with about 3-6ft between the decoys.

My only problem is they are fairly shiny because all i could find on the farm to paint them with was metal paint, this could well put them off methinks!

when i shoot rooks, i tend to make small triangles of decoys, works well enough for me, but as always, what works some days in some places wont work on others! good luck though! maybe see if you can find some matt paint around, not sure how that would work out, but may be worth a crack!

Tried 6 FUD last weekend put 2 pairs and 2 singles (as someone mention they are pairing now).

the two singles like 5 ft apart in the landing area adn the 2 couples just in between but aay from the hide.

Had 8 in a matter of a couple of hours so.....I think they worked ;))

but again, it may not work this week end.

Cheers

Franco