crayfishing again

stubby

well, todays going to be our first trip out this year on the crays, essex & herts crayfish crew :lol:

will report later on return home,

hopefully followed up with a joint visit on a new essex permission later in the weeks ahead :good:

Packed and ready to go. :thumbs:

First outing of the year. :yahoo:

Apologies to all of you that are not interested.

well, we stayed for quite a few hours, and returned home with a total of only 12 :lol:

our normal spot saw us catch 4, so we slowly started moving downstream, allen & my mrs then got into an argument with a woman on the opposite bank as she accused us of fishing (no fishing allowed) and saw her walking off, telling her dog they would phone the police, we carried on downstream meeting a dad and couple of youngsters crayfishing with home made rods and bacon bait, they were catching well from under the bridge, at this point the police arrived :D but I was at hand to whip out my permission from the environmental agency and they went away happy, we then tried further along past the bridge, but alen saved the day, by muscling in on the kids spot, and catching a few crays, think he threatened to push them in :lol:

so not the best of days, but its a start, a return visit in a few weeks or so, and of course terry's trip over here soon

so, so far

essex 4

herts 8

Yet more waste of Police time, even if they were the "Plastic Police".

Why don't they tell the caller to contact the correct people.

The water needs to warm up a little more, so a few weeks away from a decent bag.

Alan is my brother, not on pigeon watch, but a regular PW Watcher.

Did the lady with the dog phone,

1 Barking Police Station

2 The Isle of Dogs

3 Crays Hill

Answers on a post card please

Edited by bakerboy

• 1 month later...

what is the best way to catch them

nets that lie flat on the river bed with any rotten meat of fish. Rabbits work really well.

A cheap way to contain the bait is to use the nets that satsumas etc come in from the supermarkets, or the net from the little fancy cheeses.

Stubby makes nets from old bycylce wheels and they work well.