new clear pigeon

seem good to me, if a bit overpriced at my local £53!

they hold a good pattern out to beyond my capabilities when used through

a half choke in my semi auto. only downside would be that they are a bit tight

when the birds come in real close.... i have to try and catch them on the edge of the pattern :lol:

i have dropped some very good rangey and high birds with them though.

these shells were the 32/6's, in black cases.

pse dont say change the choke....as the 1/2 is stuck in :lol:

I personaly think they were made for decoying. They also have to make them affordable.

With that in mind, they have produced a cartridge that performs well at decoying ranges (30-40) yrds.

much after those ranges I don't think they perform very well.

At around £200 per 1000, there are better cartridges available for the same money. I won't be buying then again.

£50 per slab for 32g plastic. Seem fine, next to no recoil in the semi and better paterns through it than the much pricier Hull Sovereign in the same load and shot size. Why the Hul's are not patterning as well through the semi at improved cylinder is odd as they are fine through I/C in the O/U.

I like the fact that the eley are red as they are easier to find when it comes to clearing up also they are 6.5 i think is a good compromise.Im leaning towards the eley but 30gr.

Thanks for the piccy,have you tried both eley and the clear?what makes you say the eley are better?I found that some gamebore can be a bit punchy.

I've used slabs of both as well as all the other "pigeon" loads. I tried the old Eley 30g HB realtree in a fibre wad but thought they weren't as good as the 32g plastic wad jobbies. Quite a few of my mates are Gamebore fans but a couple have rubbished the black "improved" Clear Pigeon. It's probably identical to the old clear cased job. I don't know. If you want something that is really high end from Gamebore for woodies try the 28g 6.5 shot Black Gold plastic wad, awesome shell but a tenner or more a slab. There are a lot of folk in this neck of the woods that use the Eley Pigeon 32g shell for game shooting, it's very good indeed IMHO.

Edited by Whitebridges

Thanks for the info mate much appreciated.Is there a big difference in recoil between 30gr and 32gr.I can only put 28gr through my over and under as any more and i get a headache.

Ive just bought a semi now for that reason.