Fox number 60 & 61

russ91

Last week at work I found a new earth surrounded by flattened blue bells so iv been keeping a eye on it for a few days now seem as iv not found any carcasses around it I wasn't 100% sure the fox's were using it much, any way after spotting 3 well on cubs(I'd say around 6-7 week old) this morning while I was checking some traps I figured they must be using the new earth, so tonight was the night. I went back at 7pm this evening and got set up on a vantage point with the wind in my face and waited for the vixen to show sure enough she did 45min later so I sent a 40grane Vmax home and over she roles down the embankment. I stayed in position to see if the dog would make a appearance, in the mean time the cubs were playing around the earth with a partridge wing after another half hour of watching I noticed a fox making it's way up a dry gutter so when he stopped for a pee I sent another Vmax dropping him trough the back of this shoulders. Now for the easy bit the cubs 20 min later I had all 3 cubs. I won't post pics as some people may not like seeing half of cubs. So that is fox number 60&61 of the year

Last week at work I found a new earth surrounded by flattened blue bells so iv been keeping a eye on it for a few days now seem as iv not found any carcasses around it I wasn't 100% sure the fox's were using it much, any way after spotting 3 well on cubs(I'd say around 6-7 week old) this morning while I was checking some traps I figured they must be using the new earth, so tonight was the night. I went back at 7pm this evening and got set up on a vantage point with the wind in my face and waited for the vixen to show sure enough she did 45min later so I sent a 40grane Vmax home and over she roles down the embankment. I stayed in position to see if the dog would make a appearance, in the mean time the cubs were playing around the earth with a partridge wing after another half hour of watching I noticed a fox making it's way up a dry gutter so when he stopped for a pee I sent another Vmax dropping him trough the back of this shoulders. Now for the easy bit the cubs 20 min later I had all 3 cubs. I won't post pics as some people may not like seeing half of cubs. So that is fox number 60&61 of the year

Nice.... :good: That is a lot of foxes, we’ve had 19 and thought that was a lot since mid January why is it you have so many around you?

TEH

The estate is on the edge of a big city so we get a lot of over spill, pluss there isn't really any one around the estate that controls them so we get them coming for a easy meal.

Good going russ91! Me and my lamping mate are on 74 foxes so far this year which is a fair few more than this time last april and we had a great 2011! there just seems so many about. How often do you get each week on average?