BSA R-10 mk 2

fishbone

I had a mk 1, after a few visits to bsa it was basically a mk11. first went back for an air leak then went back as the power was all over the place up to 15ftlb down to 9ftlb. after that it shot fine for a while but i kind of lost faith in it. half a hour i couldn't miss then miss some very easy shots that i could hit with a springer all day long. I chopped it in for air arms s410 and have not regretted it.

R-10s love bis mags or rws superdomes 4.51mm mine hated jsb's and pretty much everything else.

Don't get me wrong the R-10 is imho the best looking sporter out there, and there are some good ones out there if your lucky enough to find one.

For hunting when it behaved couldn't fault it, just bear in mind it is a heavy gun and with a silencer also quite long. You will definetly need a silencer as it is quite loud even though the barrel is meant to have baffels in it to ruduce sound.

hope this helps.

Had mine for about 6 months now and had no problems. Use it a couple of times a week and it knocks them down a treat. The issues were with the mk1 and I believe they have been rectified. Really accurate nice balance all in all a spot on rifle

I've got the Mk II in .22 FAC varient and I love it,

other people have handled it say it comes up to the eye nicely :smile:

My only dislike is the length of the barrel :o

It's like a scaffold pole, screw a moderator on the end and it's worse still.

Nice to hear you appear to have a good one, however i believe even the mk2 is having similar trouble to mk1.

check the bsa forums out.

shame really if they actually sorted all problems think i'd buy another.

I'm surprised at the negative reviews. I can only go off personal experiences and the bloke I shoot with bought one with me (got a better price) and he uses his a lot more than me and he has had no problems. Red hot or freezing cold but as you say I could be lucky.