hi all! new guy from lincs area

hi everyone stumbled upon the forum looking online for some tips on pigeon shooting and also local clay pigeon clubs! not long had my cert and bought myself a cheap lanber o/u looking forward to getting out and using it but what i would really love is to go out with someone doing some pigeon shooting decoy or any other type to gain some experience i dont want to go asking farmers for permission when i wouldnt know where to start if i got it!

Hi and welcome to the zoo! :good: You don't say much about your background, but if you are that new to the sport, it might be worthwile apending some time on the clays before live shooting. the last thing you want is leaving a field after a day with no hits at all, or worse, having wounded everything you hit, without clean kill shots. You will almost inevitably wound a few, but you need to get a good aim before getting out in the fields IMHO. All the best and enjoy your shooting...

Edited by Bloke

hi from just outside mablethorpe and i have done some clay shooting at my uncles but im currently seeking some clay tuition ive enquired at white lodge shooting school near humber bridge as they came highly recommended to me by a friend but im told the best pigeon season is upon us! well at least the farmers need you to shoot them this time of year

hi from just outside mablethorpe and i have done some clay shooting at my uncles but im currently seeking some clay tuition ive enquired at white lodge shooting school near humber bridge as they came highly recommended to me by a friend but im told the best pigeon season is upon us! well at least the farmers need you to shoot them this time of year

I have a little farm out that sort of way, if you get on the clays I'll give you a shout during harvest time, most of what's planted is rape and wheat so not alot going on now. Nettleton lodge is supposed to be fairly good, think that's Market rasen way :s

thanks for the offer dan i appreciate that! ive finished my job today and dont start my new job for at least another week so im going to travel and get some tuition and will be attending my local clay club as well as shooting clays at my uncles house, i wouldn't shoot land alone i have a friend with around 10 years experience who could come with me

I haven't alot of experience but it will get you out. Experience is what counts you learn by doing not looking and watching. Pigeons are totally different to clays, they bob and weave all over and speed up not slow down like clays. And they don't stick to a certain trajectory, so bit kore of a challenge