No lamp man required….

I had a job cancelled this morning, so after the rain had come to a stop, I went for a walk around this sheep farm that produced fox number 22 this morning!!

My main reason to go was to check out the flight lines because the farmer gave the ok to shoot the pigeons feeding on the clover.

Well it would be daft not to take the .243 and the sticks…..

I spoke to the Shepard for any info and he suggested an area near the grain store.

There were fresh tracks in the tractor ruts so I carried along and spotted a fox to my right just sitting and watching me.

This fox must have on my left behind a big spoil heap as I walked down to the grain store, when I put the scope on him he was sitting high and dry on a board just checking me out….one click with the safety and whack with the .243…..

Shot in the same field as Werners fox on Tuesday night…..a little further at 127 yards…..

I went for a drive around the back lanes on the way home and bumped into 4 foxes!

3 who were just trotting down the road and 1 in a big garden.

So maybe the white van has brought some more target practice for the Essex boys!

post-23668-0-68358900-1336053911.jpg

A picture back from where i took the shot...

post-23668-0-42426500-1336053947.jpg

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter

nice one teh 22 foxes man alive av not shot that many in two years and its not for the want of trying :lol::good:

A mate who knows the land very well said to me while I was waiting for it to be cleared,

“You will get 30 foxes of it” I saw 10 foxes the first night and shot 4!

I was chatting to the Shepard on Thursday about the difference in lost and injured stock and he said you are still going to keep coming over? Yes I said, and then he pointed to A flock of sheep and said this lot are lambing in June!

The reason there are so many is it’s location to a lot of common land, also no game shoots in the area and free lamb dinner……

Also as I commented in my post, there is a white van which releases them on the common….so they will only stand, blink at the lamp and get bowled over.... :D

TEH

With all of these foxes you are shooting it's high time you got one wearing a tracking collar for us to send and relay around the country mate! :lol::lol::lol:

Well done, good shooting! Keep it up! :good::good::good:

As this is a public forum, the Essex boys won’t be drawn in to any skulduggery that could bring the site into disrepute :D

Mind you i have all ways liked this

TEH

As this is a public forum, the Essex boys won’t be drawn in to any skulduggery that could bring the site into disrepute :D

Mind you i have all ways liked this

TEH

How silly of me to suggest doing such a naughty and irresponsible thing! :rolleyes: I'm sure that there isn't a single "responsible" member of PigeonWatch that would dream of doing such a thing! :no::hmm: