acrobatic rabbit

la bala

hi lads, i had a ride out with my 452 22 this evening, a rabbit showed itself at about 60yds, i took the shot, rabbit does a 4 foot somersault and lands back on its feet looking bewildered, i chambered another round and dropped it, when i picked it up the second shot was a good head shot, the first round had give it a good piercing at the base of its ear. i wish i was clever enough to post pictures, i would have posted it with one of the wifes hoop earings in.

hi lads, i had a ride out with my 452 22 this evening, a rabbit showed itself at about 60yds, i took the shot, rabbit does a 4 foot somersault and lands back on its feet looking bewildered, i chambered another round and dropped it, when i picked it up the second shot was a good head shot, the first round had give it a good piercing at the base of its ear. i wish i was clever enough to post pictures, i would have posted it with one of the wifes hoop earings in.

How strange, i shot one last night with the .22 air rifle, placed the cross hairs behind the eye, he did a backflip, jumped around then proceeded to do a few circuits of the field before finding his way into a hedge! No idea what went on there but im sure i placed the shot correctly

They frequently back-flip when shot with a .22lr, it seems to be a nerve thing as they are clearly completely dead, I'm certain that there is no brain left to process pain or awareness after a 40g pill has gone into it, it is purely a nerve reaction.

I don't shoot them with air-guns though, I like to ensure it's humane.