CZ452 American Scope mount advice please!

Tim_D

Hi guys, thanks for looking at this.

I have a fairly straight forward question - I have just ordered a CZ452 American with short barrel and Moderator. I already have a 3-9 x 50 scope to put onto it. (Made by Hawke).

I read on a web page that the American has slightly different scope mounts to the other Cz's - it is 3/8 Inch (which I make about 11.5mm) compared to 11mm. I'm also wondering if the angle of the dovetail is different.

Can anyone tell me (who perhaps has one) if this needs anything different / special for mounts? My dealer says the standard mounts in the shop should fit as they go from 11 to 13mm or so but is this right?

Thanks, any advice or help gratefully received.

Tim

Cheers guys - thanks for that.

Yes - RFD is a bit of a tricky one... He's very old school and has a go whenever the internet is mentioned and mutters things like either listen to me or ****** off. :D

Very bizarre as I'm spending good money with him. The answer of course is to walk but this guy is LESS than 1/4 mile from my house so is very handy for me and for future ammo purchases it's perfect.

His response after accusing me of wasting his time and phone calls with 'stupid questions about things I read on the net' (that's full of wrong information) was that the European models are 11mm, only the US versions are 3/8

Cheers anyway :no:

Tim

The BKL rings are a perfect fit on the American/Varmint receiver. You can get them from airgunbuyer for £40ish for the 1" model or you can save a few quid and buy them from cz452.com, and get yourself a trigger kit and any other bits 'n' bobs at the same time. :no:

I read on a web page that the American has slightly different scope mounts to the other Cz's - it is 3/8 Inch (which I make about 11.5mm) compared to 11mm. I'm also wondering if the angle of the dovetail is different.

Tim

Tim

1/8" is equal to 3.25mm ..........The rail is standard to to air rifle dimensions so a set of bisleys will do fine .

I adapted a pair of £50 millets to fit mine but only because I had them already :no: