well...

i had my interview today at 0930 was nervous as hell. feo came out asked me questions and i shocked him and took the hard work out of his job for once i showed him my certs and he said he was very impressed with what he saw i had done. so after more questions he was happy to recommend me for a SGC so now i need to try and save somehow.. im now over the moon and i got to tell my brother just as he was boarding a plane to cuba as he was the one who has paid for my certs and licence fee.as my brother paid for all my certs and my licence fee's.

Well done Misty07, I'm genuinely pleased for you, especially as you got stuck in with the learning before you applied for your SGC - That shows a very responsibe attitude! :good:

As for the comment:

"Unemployment benefits must be good these days"

It's a shame that some people are very quick to judge without even knowing anything about a person's situation first!

And as for:

I'm sorry, you have 'certificates' already? Yet you have only just had your interview? And you have just applied for your SGC (from what I can gather) and you seem want to start an instruction course?

You can join a clay shooting club and shoot a shotgun without a certificate. Who knows how long this member has been with his club or whatever, or how hard he has worked to gain experience? To go about things the way he has is one of the most responsible ways forward and shows a responsible attitude towards practical knowledge and safety in his chosen sport in my opinion, and I raise my hat to him! :good:

Edited by Frenchieboy

Well done Misty07, I'm genuinely pleased for you, especially as you got stuck in with the learning before you applied for your SGC - That shows a very responsibe attitude! :good:

As for the comment:

"Unemployment benefits must be good these days"

It's a shame that some people are very quick to judge without even knowing anything about a person's situation first!

And as for:

I'm sorry, you have 'certificates' already? Yet you have only just had your interview? And you have just applied for your SGC (from what I can gather) and you seem want to start an instruction course?

You can join a clay shooting club and shoot a shotgun without a certificate. Who knows how long this member has been with his club or whatever, or how hard he has worked to gain experience? To go about things the way he has is one of the most responsible ways forward and shows a responsible attitude towards practical knowledge and safety in his chosen sport in my opinion, and I raise my hat to him! :good:

Totally Agree :good:

Here ,here good luck to you fella :good:

i have been wanting a gun for years i have been shooting with a friend when i could afford it for 18 mths now. my brother gained his SGC about 8 mths bk. as he is a sgt major in the military i gained my certs through him paying for me as he got a good rate through the cpsa who he joined me up with in january just gone. i then done my certs with the defence academy in feb. so im fully insured gained the skills i could with the help i could. i got laid off from van driving work in aug last year and since then i have been signed on and only get my stamp paid i get no money what so ever other than my house and council tax is part paid. my partner works part time in a hotel on min wage. with our 2 kids all im doing is putting them 1st by trying to get a job as fast as possible. i get odd days of work which i have yet still to be paid for.i try my best but get shot down. i have cut back on tv phone and internet so need to go down my parents house to go online. i gained the certs so it would offer me another job prospect my either running my own range or working for a club as of yet the local club took on in dec last year so have no job as of yet but are willing to call me if they get busy during summer.